Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Mobile Data very slow

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 06:23 AM)
BogdanS22Ultra
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

I got my s22 Ultra for almost a month now, after about 2 weeks in, the internet on mobile data works awful for Youtube,  TikTok, Google, Facebok and other apps.

I've tried reseting network setting, reseting settings, factory reset, safe mode.

None of this showed any better performance of the mobile data.

I used my SIM in a S20+, and it works perfect, tried a different SIM in my phone and same issue.

Is there anything else to try besides returning it?

Thank you.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Are you taking part in the beta programme? If so, this could be what is causing you problems. I'm experiencing exactly the same issue as you are on my s21 ultra and am taking part in the beta testing of the new software. Everything was working fine until I installed the beta. I've reported the issue to Samsung via the beta feedback page,so hopefully it will be sorted out with the next update. -' Hope this helps! 🙂
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am on beta and no issues.

Maybe somehow the phones are using 2.4 ghz instead of 5ghz or/and not switching to the faster one.

I'd suggest checking g your network router settings to see what the phones are connecting too.

Also the beta has wifi Developer settings where you can check the signals now.

Apologies. I have the S21 ultra.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under settings search for intelligent wifi settings and keep tapping till you get the developer option s below it.
Screenshot_20220917_161321_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It has nothing to do with wifi, the OP is commenting about mobile data, i.e. 4G, 5G as oppose to wifi on the 2.4 and 5 gHz bands. 

Technology enthusiast, but not related to any technological company.
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I've got a S22 Ultra and mobile data works OK as long as I am not moving and I remain on good area. I think the phone sometimes struggle switching from 5G to 4G. I have had some funny issues whilst walking and on whatsApp voice calls, which are not particularly to data intensive. 

I do not use streaming services very much, but YouTube seems to stream decently on my area which has good 4G and 5G with O2. I can stream 4K 60FPS quite smoothly. Is this something that happens all the time or when on the move?

Mobile signal is atrocious in this country. I went recently to Portugal and was very impress with their mobile signal. There were masts pretty much everywhere, including areas without population. In the other hand we still have people burning masts here, because COVID gets "transmitted" via 5G.

Technology enthusiast, but not related to any technological company.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ah correct.. my bad.

Wonder if he is using a case which is blocking the antennas.

jkhalil
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Although the phone does show that it is connected to 5G, whenever i am streaming or on a zoom/teams call the network switches rapidly to 4G, then 3G and HSPA+. 

Even on WiFi, somehow the phone prefers to connect with a slower 2.4Ghz connection.  I have tried to format the device, resetting it completely but to no avail. 

0 Likes