Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

s22 ultra horrible graphic glitch

(Topic created on: 27-03-2022 09:47 PM)
paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

Dear Samsung Community,

I added a picture below which shows the issue on the keyboard while wireless charging

Explanation:

I noticed a very annoying software related issue when unlocking my phone (S22 Ultra Exynos) with fingerprint from always on display. It is a very similar graphic issue compared to the pixel bar issue which was fixed with the last patch. But it does not happen while watching videos or unlocking the phone it happens on keyboards until I lock the phone und unlock it again without always on display. I figured out when I deactivate the always on display it does not happen and the issue only appears when the smartphone is a bit warmer. For example after a short gaming session or after wireless charging. Especially while wireless charging the graphic glitch appears. But when you deactivate always on display everything works fine. I tried it on three S22 Ultras in stores and of course on mine and it happened on all of them. The problem also appears in safe mode and I used fhd + with vivid color mode on every device so it must be a bug with always on especially while charging wireless. I think it is a glitch with the fingerprint sensor on always on. As I said when you unlock the phone with out always on display everything works fine. Would be great if it get patched soonglitch.PNG.

Best wishes, Paul  

Go to solution
56 REPLIES 56
paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

i figured out that the problem does not appear in hd an wqhd so it has to be driver related. I think samsung needs a lot longer to learn about optimizing the exynos 2200, because it is the first year where they build in amd cores and an amd gpu in their soc. I thought first they used amd cores for a long time period, but this is the first time. Of course the biggest problem is the gpu. Maybe amd gives samsung the full ability to program their drivers by their on. Hope they will learn to deal with it

0 Likes
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@paulmhofmann, For me it happens on FHD+, and WQHD+. I don't see display glitch on while using WQHD+ resolution but the whole phone slows down a lot.

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

The throtteling Problem happens on every Resolution. But the pixel glitch only happens on fhd while wireless charging and sometimes after High ussage. Very annoying. I would like to use fhd because it increases battery life.

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

Hi, did you get any answer in members. Only one of my posts was read by Samsung. I think they ignored it because they only read the post before the latest Patch. All of my new posts were not read. How can it be possible that so many people do not see this glitch or do not report it. I could notice it even in stores

0 Likes
mashdk
Pioneer
Options

I got a reply: "It is a Microsoft Swiftkey Issue. In order to transfer data to Microsoft, I'd like you to move this issue to 42)Samsung Keyboard Honeyboard V1.2 SwiftKey IME & Engine."

I replied to them: "This is not a SwiftKey issue. It is a display driver issue with the Exynos chip when charging wireless.

Loads of people with this issue.:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-horrible-graphic-glitch/m-p/5145301/..."

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

I think they have so many issues with the new exynos devices and they do not know what to fix first. They simply want to give somebody else the fault, but it happens on any keyboard. They would know this if they would read our posts

kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@paulmhofmann, I got a generic reply saying "Thank you for reporting this bug to us......We will forward it to our experts for review and send an update as soon as it is verified."

Of course it is not SwiftKey issue as it also appears in other apps.

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

I only got a push up notification directly after sending the error report in Members. I also chated with Samsung Austria Support they said they know this issue and they work on a patch, but they only meant the youtube pixel issue not our issue. The person from the samsung crew said this is the same issue but i know the youtube issue already was patched 😞

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

claim repair or replace under warranty service. 

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

Hi thank you for your answer. I think a replacement could have the same issue. I noticed the issue on many devices. Even in store. The S22 Series has major software issues. Never seen on any other Samsung Smartphone Series. One UI 4.1 is horrible compared to previous versions.

0 Likes