Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

s22 ultra horrible graphic glitch

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 10:17 PM)
paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

Dear Samsung Community,

I added a picture below which shows the issue on the keyboard while wireless charging

Explanation:

I noticed a very annoying software related issue when unlocking my phone (S22 Ultra Exynos) with fingerprint from always on display. It is a very similar graphic issue compared to the pixel bar issue which was fixed with the last patch. But it does not happen while watching videos or unlocking the phone it happens on keyboards until I lock the phone und unlock it again without always on display. I figured out when I deactivate the always on display it does not happen and the issue only appears when the smartphone is a bit warmer. For example after a short gaming session or after wireless charging. Especially while wireless charging the graphic glitch appears. But when you deactivate always on display everything works fine. I tried it on three S22 Ultras in stores and of course on mine and it happened on all of them. The problem also appears in safe mode and I used fhd + with vivid color mode on every device so it must be a bug with always on especially while charging wireless. I think it is a glitch with the fingerprint sensor on always on. As I said when you unlock the phone with out always on display everything works fine. Would be great if it get patched soonglitch.PNG.

Best wishes, Paul  

56 REPLIES 56
paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

Yes I have reported it for the category battery software and display, but i sadly did not get a reply on any of my questions since 3 weeks. I also contacted the samsung chat in austria but they could not help me. I also have many stutter issues. With the ui interface and apps like twitter. March update made everything a bit better and the gos update was amazing for games. But in natural mode you can still notice stuttering but this is another bug so i am only using vivid. But the new april update made everything worse ui is now very stuttery and the horrible pixel bug still exists in full hd +

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

hi can you upload your video on youtube. ist does not work on the sasmung page.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers @paulmhofmann👍

And mashdk's video should work now. (It just needed to be fully approved by one of us moderators.)

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

perfect i just wanted to check if it is exactly the same and yes it is. As I said before i could see this issue even on smartphones in stores. I think there are many people out there who have this issue but they do not use wireless charging or their smartphone did not get warm because they use it only for texting and phone calls, but after updating a few apps like after reinstalling a phone (i made this to test out if it is software related) it also appears. very weird. I believe it is thermal throtteling of the gpu clock which causes the issue

0 Likes
mashdk
Pioneer
Options

Sure!

It should be ready here now.

But otherwise you can see it here:

https://youtube.com/shorts/Q8QEeAEVrJg?feature=share

mashdk
Pioneer
Options

I can confirm, that it happened, while it was wireless charging 👍

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

perfect exactly the same with mine hope it will get fixed soon

0 Likes
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@paulmhofmann@mashdk, Seems like the only way to fix it is to send reports via Members app. @paulmhofmann, If you updated to latest firmware, then please send report again. I sent my report yesterday with video attached. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

Would be great if more people would read this post. I think there are many phones out there with this issue. The majority of people are not hardcore users or do not use wireless charging so they do not notice it. I think if everybody who replied on our post writes samsung via members we have a great chance to get it solved with the next bugfix. i will write them again to

kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Another video showing this bug