Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

s22 ultra horrible graphic glitch

(Topic created on: 27-03-2022 09:47 PM)
paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

Dear Samsung Community,

I added a picture below which shows the issue on the keyboard while wireless charging

Explanation:

I noticed a very annoying software related issue when unlocking my phone (S22 Ultra Exynos) with fingerprint from always on display. It is a very similar graphic issue compared to the pixel bar issue which was fixed with the last patch. But it does not happen while watching videos or unlocking the phone it happens on keyboards until I lock the phone und unlock it again without always on display. I figured out when I deactivate the always on display it does not happen and the issue only appears when the smartphone is a bit warmer. For example after a short gaming session or after wireless charging. Especially while wireless charging the graphic glitch appears. But when you deactivate always on display everything works fine. I tried it on three S22 Ultras in stores and of course on mine and it happened on all of them. The problem also appears in safe mode and I used fhd + with vivid color mode on every device so it must be a bug with always on especially while charging wireless. I think it is a glitch with the fingerprint sensor on always on. As I said when you unlock the phone with out always on display everything works fine. Would be great if it get patched soonglitch.PNG.

Best wishes, Paul  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@paulmhofmann, Did you finally installed update ?

View solution in context

56 REPLIES 56
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello,
I can confirm such an issue exists. I noticed it recently when I started using wireless charging on my S22 Ultra. A few minutes after charging begins, the phone slows down a lot, and we can see graphic glitch in some places. I have the latest firmware installed S908BXXU1AVCJ. I'm using official Wireless charger Duo EP-N6100. Check vidoes below to see this issue.

My settings
Always On Display: Tap to show
Screen resolution: FHD+, 120 Hz, Vivid
Fast wireless charging enabled.

@mirudo24 

mashdk
Pioneer
Options

Anyone else experienced this?

It's very similar to the display glitch, that was fixed in the March update.

It's a periodic glitch, but only when swiping over the SwiftKey keyboard. 

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

i got april patch today. No difference sadly 😞 Exactly the same settings. I found out that the problem doesn't exist in wqhd. It is not only while wireless charging. Yesterday I reseted my phone and after installing all apps it got very hot and started to throttle. I think it must be an issue with the clock rate of the xclipse 920. Because Snapdragon with Adreno has non of these issues. I hope it is not hardware-related. But very annoying. The April patch made everything worse for me. The performance is also horrible. When I compare my s22 ultra with my old oneplus 8t, this nearly two year old device runs way more solid. Samsung definately has a problem with optimising the chipset and graphic drivers for there on cpus/gpu. Also the s20 fe 5g runs way faster because of snapdragon in it. The quick panel often stutters on samsung esspecially when watching a video. Multitasking is slow in gestures mode when you want to close only one app. Come on samsung yesterday I used a friends phone with one ui one installed. It performed exactly the same some ui animations are even better. I think that blur causes those performance issues on one ui 4.1. I hope samsung would make there on operating system one day. I think android is not made for costumizing it so far. Imagine how smoth one ui would be if it is programmed with the whole style implemented. It should be able to install apks and the play services. This would be the perfect operating system. Like tizen was. My Tv runs awesome smooth with tizen. Please Samsung rethink your stratigies. It can not be the case that cheap china phones have a better performance. My oneplus was horrible I never had a phone with so many bugs but it performed fine. And please use snapdragon also for europeans if you will use android further every android app is made for snapdragon. You have many of this problems on kirin and tensor too. Overall I am inpressed of the phones design but it feels like a beta model. Everthing of it. The camera is the best part of the phone but the main camera is in some situations way behind i phone. And filming in 24 fps 4k doesn't work well because it stutters like 12 fps. Why are you introducing features which does'nt work fine. Just for advertisment ? I think I am one of the biggest Samsung fans out there, but something clearly has to change. It was the same with nokia. If your next phone will have the same issues the people will start to use different phones. Look at apple. I don't like to use apples software but it performs in beast mode no delays no stuttering. And there whole design fits together. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@mashdk , I've moved your post to this topic as it looks very similar to what paulmhofmann and kamil40013 have shared.

Lelek2
Student
Options

I have the same problem this is so horrible I hope it will be fixed soon you among us kiddo👍

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

Hi thank you for connecting the posts. It would be great if you could share our problem with the software development team. I hope my phone is not broken but i think many phones have those throtteling issues when it gets warm like while wireless charging. I had the same glitch on a demo phone in an austrian store so we are definately not alone

paulmhofmann
Pioneer
Options

great to hear we are not alone

0 Likes
Lelek2
Student
Options

Oh thx man you are such a great WW2 veteran man your family should be proud of you👍I have no friends mama alone.😰

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries.

The developers always ask for log files - and it would be good to get as many as we can from users experiencing this issue. Have you guys sent error reports with software logs relating to this issue via the Members app?

(And for folks who need it, how to send error reports via the Members app:

Within 10 minutes of experiencing the issue:

Samsung Members > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select Error reports from the dropdown menu, etc.)