Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra - Frozen Lock screen

(Topic created on: 25-03-2022 07:32 AM)
vmax1989
Explorer
Options

New s22 ultra delivered 25th Feb . All set up but experienced an issue with frozen lock screen. Had to hold down to power off but no warning of powering off.  Not done it since but slightly worrying.

180 REPLIES 180
werfewr
Student
Options

Same here - Exynos. My completely freeze, even screen dont go sleep. Needto hard reset everytime. F*** annoying.

0 Likes
Members_MIDT3Vn
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues as you brother - My brand new Samsung S22 Ultra 256GB version keeps freezing. Sometimes the fingerprint scanner is partly shown on the lock screen. Sometimes the phone just freezes. Not had this happen to me on a phone for over 10 years?  Also sometimes warning saying One UI has crashed? To get phone going again I have to do a forced shutdown  re start. Not happy. 

0 Likes
Hystrix
Navigator
Options

I've found it comes back after about a minute, don't need to force a restart.

A minute feels like a lifetime when trying to open your phone.

Sometimes I try to activate the camera, sometimes I keep my thumb on the fingerprint scanner. I've no idea if this does anything or if it is just a distraction so that the minute it takes to recover feels quicker.

0 Likes
Members_DJcrBM1
First Poster
Options

Same here,

S22 Ultra, Exynos, March patch, 256 GB, fresh installation.

Something like 2 times a week (more or less) I have the issue. The screen is not waking up and I see the fingerprint icon stuck (like if it's blocking during its animation). Sometimes when trying to hard reset the mobile phone it wakes up, sometimes I have to force the reboot instead. Please fix this since it's annoying (even because it's not a low-end mobile phone....)

Thanks

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

I've merged a few threads relating to this.

If you haven’t done so already, can you send an error report with log files via the Members app as soon you're able to after it happens? (Within 10 minutes is best, and with a good description of the issue.)

Samsung Members > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select Error reports from the dropdown menu, etc.)

Also, speaking to one of my colleagues about this one this week and they’ve said that the issue hasn’t occurred again for them since they increased the RAM being used via RAM Plus.

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/adjust-ram-plus-on-galaxy-device/  

Settings > Battery and Device Care > Memory > RAM Plus

Give that a go and let us know whether or not it helps in your instance.

WllmZ
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the tip, I'll give the RAM Plus a try. Weird tho, I have the 12GB version so RAM shouldn't be a problem. I have now set the virtual memory to 8GB.

If the lockscreen freeze occurs again I'll send a error repost ASAP. 

Members_mE2xqrF
First Poster
Options

Same has been Happening to my Phone from Near Day One , Not Sure What Best to Do , Most Annoying 

0 Likes
Zaphyre
Apprentice
Options

Getting this randomly also on my new exynos s22 ultra. Not really any rhyme or reason to it, just occasionally the lock screen will freeze and I have to wait a few mins for the phone to unfreeze and allow it to be used again.

0 Likes
Hystrix
Navigator
Options

I increased the ram to the max when I saw this post earlier. Made no difference, just did the lock screen freeze again. If anything this time was worse than usual.

Capt Lazybones
First Poster
Options

Trying the tip from the mod but if this doesn't improve soon I am asking for a refund.

This is a premium product that certainly isn't premium. 

0 Likes