Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra freezing issues.

(Topic created on: 27-05-2022 12:52 PM)
hj96
Student
Options
I have noticed that sometimes while using camera the phone freezes for some seconds and then it comes back to normal or restarts itself. What could be the problem? Can it be fixed?
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@hj96: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force Stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your Galaxy S22 Ultra. Now, head to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now. I would also recommend heading to the Galaxy Store > Tap the 3 line in the bottom right > Updates, and check for any available updates for the Camera app. Similarly, head to Settings > Software update > Download and install, as well as Settings > Biometrics and security > Security update, to ensure you're on the latest software. 

If the issue persists, please can you confirm if you're using a particular mode in the Camera app when the phone freezes? Also, does the app restart, or is the phone restarting? 

0 Likes
hj96
Student
Options
The phone restarted itself once
0 Likes
smandste
First Poster
Options
I have recently taken out a new contract and chose the Samsung Galaxy s22 ultra. The phone works fine for a while, then freezes and shuts down. I've tried all the usual trouble shooting recommendations and it works fine for a bit then freezes again - any advice please?
Dexter16
First Poster
Options
I get the same issue. Will carry the above out and see if it works.
0 Likes
sinnic
First Poster
Options
I've had samsung galaxy s22 ultra since its launch thinking I'm getting a top of the range phone. The screen has frozen since I got it, complained to Samsung and was reassured the issue will be fixed after software update. Its been almost 10 months and multiple software updates and I'm still experiencing the same issue. Samsung support was useless and wants me to send it my phone for repair without offering a spare phone and had the audacity to mention there may be charge for repair. Samsung s22 ultra is clearly faulty and Samsung is not doing anything about it. It's been a the worst experience ever.
RiccoN
First Poster
Options

Couple of times already had exactly the same issue - started happening recently (few weeks ago). First time it just restarted during the cellular call, while today it first froze for some 10 seconds (phone became completely unresponsive - no reaction on touches or button presses) and then restarted, when I attempted to call someone via cellular network. What is interesting that the call that I attempted to make did not register as an outgoing in the list of last calls.

0 Likes