Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra freezing and restarting

(Topic created on: 29-03-2022 02:37 AM)
SergiomsCosta
Apprentice
Options
Is anyone else s22 ultra constantly freezing and restarting even on standby?
10 REPLIES 10
Jonathan212
Explorer
Options
I have had a few crashes of the operating system. Usually freezes, crashes when I have more than one app open. I have also seen me listening to music or watching a video, minimising it to browse the Internet whilst it is still playing and it starts getting glitchy. Makes me wonder if it just can't handle doing multiple things. My s10 never had that issue. Definitely feel like I have downgraded in some aspects, others like the camera are amazing though.
SergiomsCosta
Apprentice
Options
Same here, had it crash using only 1 app either Facebook or messenger or netflix or taking screenshots. Some moments feels slow. Also does it while on standby. Went from a s9 and to be honest i miss my s9.
0 Likes
Jonathan212
Explorer
Options
My phone crashed when trying to open the gallery app to view my photos but has done it for other things too. Very frustrating. I feel the whole phone is still throttling itself. Some times though like you say it works great.
0 Likes
SergiomsCosta
Apprentice
Options
I don't dislike the phone, the cameras are great the screen is great and when is not freezing work great. But it's constantly freezing and restarting and many times i pick it up while on standby and find it asking for password as it restarted. Even had it on safe mode for 24 hours and still happened so it's not just a installed app issue, same as i already done a factory reset and only done updates and didn't installed any app and the phone still frozen and restarted by using Facebook or Internet browser.
0 Likes
Jonathan212
Explorer
Options
I haven't had it that bad. Sounds like something more is up with the phone. Might be worth trying to get a different one. I noticed a big improvement on their most recent update but still just the odd glitch for me. Yeah, bought the phone for the camera. I had a weird issue with that though too. I would try taking a photo in apps like WhatsApp and it would show me the full image but when it attached the image it was cropped to a random part of the image. Seems to have stopped after recent updates though. Fingers crossed you get it sorted
0 Likes
vagabonti
Explorer
Options

I think I found a solution. After a factory reset, it all started over. Restart. Then I looked in the cloud, where I uploaded the purchased music and saw files in a format other than mp3 and Wav. I deleted them and uploaded my music again, as not duplicated songs ... So far everything is top. I don't have reboots yet. I even uploaded a game that I managed to pass. Wow. Did you warm up? Wow! The game went on my premium phone for $ 1,600. Am I crazy ...?

0 Likes
vagabonti
Explorer
Options

Remove the screen protector from another manufacturer. It happened to me. I removed the ESR protector and the crashes stopped. I put the original on Samsung. The electrostatic screen does not work well with all protectors and therefore the phone merges. I've been without restarts for four hours now, after tens a day. If you want try it.

0 Likes
vincent2000
Apprentice
Options

Did you have one hand operation enable? My device constantly restart whenever that application activate. I think it crash against the OS. mayb go safemode and unistall that if you have. That's work for me

0 Likes
Chris710
Student
Options

Yeah, mine crashes at random, when opening settings, closing camera... browsing internet. Sometimes it gets in a loop so it crashes immediately after I unlock the phone from a crash...It crashes in Safe Mode. It crashes after complete factory reset and wipe down.

In other words, a waste of time. I'm extremely DISAPPOINTED by Samsung. For overpriced flagship phone (more expensive than iPhone,) to has such issues... UNACCEPTABLE!

0 Likes