Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra fingerprint issue

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 11:00 AM)
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

Hi all, 

I have been experiencing an issue with my s22 ultra (exynos). I have set my phone to automatically restart 3 days a week at 3am. If my phone has restarted in the night, the finder print sensor doesn't seem to be working fine (I know after restart I have to put the pin to unlock the phone for the first time but after that the biometric should work). In fact, it registers only 1 time out of 10 tries. Then, I delete the registered finger print and register again and then it works fine. 

Has anyone else been facing the same issue? or any suggestions to resolve it?

21 REPLIES 21
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have found registering the same finger more then once really improves response. You can add up to 4 fingerprints. Hope this tip helps.
Aliseifi
Explorer
Options
Same problem here too can't recognize my fingers print and keep saying press harder disappointed
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is the best tip for making the fingerprint 100% reliable.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yes best to register a few fingers multiple times. Actually did have issue on S21 Ultra yesterday having been functioning effectively for a while so reregistered.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

I did, I have tried registering the same thumb for twice or even thrice. The thing is, I have a White Stone Dome glass screen protector. Initially I thought the issue was due to the glass protector. However, whenever I register the new finger print, it works just fine. 

But once the phone is restarted, the finger print does not work normally and I have to delete the old finger print and register again.

PN82
Apprentice
Options

I have recently installed white stone screen protector and I'm facing the same issue. Will have to check if its caused by restart...

iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

Hi 

In my case, I can confirm that its caused by restart. Yesterday I registered all fingerprints again (right thumb twice). Disabled the restart and even with the White Stone Dome protector, the fingerprint is working just fine. Not even a single fail attempt since yesterday. 

In my case it fails to register after restart. But there could be a software issue or I don't know.

0 Likes
PN82
Apprentice
Options

Update on my previous post. I don't think the restart caused any issue. The reason appears to be dry skin. I can get the fingerprint working well after applying moisturiser. During these times sanitizer and hand wash can lead to dry skin and in my case that was the cause as far as it seems right now.

DHJ1982
Voyager
Options

Having the same issues. Filed a report and Samsung response was to bring the phone in to get it fixed, but I know that isn't the solution cause sometimes it works fine and then all of a sudden it won't. Re-register works and also rebooting, but it always comes back. Very annoying and makes you look like an ***** when you try to unlock your phone of you're next to someone or trying to pay for something.

Please fix this Samsung!