Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra fingerprint issue

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 10:00 AM)
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

Hi all, 

I have been experiencing an issue with my s22 ultra (exynos). I have set my phone to automatically restart 3 days a week at 3am. If my phone has restarted in the night, the finder print sensor doesn't seem to be working fine (I know after restart I have to put the pin to unlock the phone for the first time but after that the biometric should work). In fact, it registers only 1 time out of 10 tries. Then, I delete the registered finger print and register again and then it works fine. 

Has anyone else been facing the same issue? or any suggestions to resolve it?

21 REPLIES 21
DHJ1982
Voyager
Options

Trust me, it doesn't. That is not a solution and shouldn't even be one. It's just a faulty scanner and Samsung needs to send an update.

DHJ1982
Voyager
Options

I have that same screen protector but that isn't the issue. The fingerprint works fine for a while and then all of a sudden starts misbehaving. Rebooting the phone helps but it always comes back after a while.

0 Likes
DHJ1982
Voyager
Options

In my case a reboot actually solves the problem temporarily... But it always comes back after a while. VERY ANNOYING

0 Likes
PN82
Apprentice
Options

I'll also add that I got the moisturiser idea from this link https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200322/

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

I agree with you. Dry skin is one of the reasons.

I restart my phone once a week now and so far it works fine. Also had a software update recently, maybe that had also improved it, not sure though.

0 Likes
nervebreaker
First Poster
Options

This gives me an idea. Restarting phone and not changing fingerprints works for me so it sounds like changing one fingerprint to work when it has stale memory and leaving the other ones intact may cover both scenarios,  unless of course there is a 3rd or 4th scenario. I just rebooted so I will see what fingerprint profile I am matching and keep that for later

0 Likes
Lesk
First Poster
Options

Same issue on a new S22 -much worse than my old Xiaomi which wasn't known for its good fingerprint sensor. No screensaver so suspect it's a bug - every time the phone switches off and I restart fingerprint recognition does not work.  Once new fingerprint is added it works fine again. Irritating! 

0 Likes
Members_PO4qx1z
First Poster
Options

Same problem here : 'licking' my finger helps in most cases. Have also whitestone dome protector. Needs to be fixed by Samsung. 

Simon_x_
First Poster
Options
same problem... working for a week or so and then stops working 🙄
0 Likes
Kopil
Student
Options
I agree with you. It is caused by dry skin. After reading your comment, I have always realised after shower my skins get dry and I had applied some moisturing cream on my thumbs, and afterwards, the scanner recognises without any issue. Haha Thank you so much. I thought my phone was faulty or Samsung messing up on software update.
0 Likes