Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra (Exynos) : strange issue black screen in Chrome / Edge

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 12:46 AM)
clockworkdeluca
Explorer
Options

*** UPDATE: After following advice in here I'm currently using Firefox and this seems to help. Hopefully this means it's just a software issue that can be resolved in an update. ***

Random black screen in browser e.g. Chrome, Edge or Twitter app. Goes away if rotating phone to landscape & back, pressing the left App switching button, pressing power/lock and unlock again, or swiping from top. Especially happens when scrolling or on pages with video.

Have reinstalled, factory reset, cleared caches etc. Anyone else seen this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Andyc7
Apprentice
Options

Another poster in a different thread (Iphone McGee) advised to type Chrome://flags into chrome and disable 'Android SurfaceControl'.

This has done the trick for me and have had no issues since, worth a go until Samsung acknowledge it and provide an update.

View solution in context

57 REPLIES 57
Members_4V0ZsnG
First Poster
Options

Same problem here...just check samsung.com/fr and screen goes black after few seconds 

Members_DmjRpsN
Student
Options

Same problem here. I believe that is a fabricated default. Probably will send it back. Disappointed 😞 

Markyb81
Journeyman
Options
Mine is doing this too. If I scroll on Chrome sometimes it goes totally black. If I scroll back in opposite direction then it comes back on. A software fault maybe with the dynamic refresh rate?
Markyb81
Journeyman
Options
I just tried that and mines doing the same on that website too.
Markyb81
Journeyman
Options
Anyone from Samsung got any solutions to this? It's a black screen I'm having issues with. When I scroll down in chrome on some web pages the screen just turns off. Goes totally black including the buttons at the bottom disappearing. It's as if the screen just turns itself off. If I keep scrolling it stays black. If I scroll back upwards then it comes back on. Or comes on and goes off a few times. So scroll slowly up and down and the screen comes back on. I'm also getting green videos on YouTube too. Videos play then the screen just goes green. It's an exynos S22 ultra 256gb and 12gb ram if that makes any difference?
Members_DmjRpsN
Student
Options

Believe it or not, a new phone shouldn't do this kind of issues, especially at this price. Mine is doing the same. I will look forward for a refund to be honest. Looking maybe to another manufacturer unfortunately 😕 

clockworkdeluca
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the replies, this is such a shame! I am really hoping this is just a software bug they can fix ASAP because this is not a cheap phone. 

My S21 Ultra performed flawlessly , I never once had such an issue

Reepers
Journeyman
Options
Same issue here... Funnily happens on Samsung home page too. Chrome
Bjvideler
Student
Options

I am experiencing the exact same whenever I'm using the Chrome browser. 

I need to scroll back up for the screen to appear again, or turn the screen off and on again. 

Really weird easy, it's really annoying on a brandxnew phone at this price range! 

I hope it can be fixed soon with a software update.