Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Exynos - overheating?

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 07:53 PM)
Breach
Explorer
Options
  • Okay, I am not 100 percent sure yet but after a couple of days of use, I think that my S22 ultra Exynos is overheating and throttling in normal use e.g. browsing Facebook and Chrome. I am comparing with my S20 Ultra and there's definitely UI lag when it happens, which I don't see with the S20. Also, see below. Even though I have increased the thermal threshold, I am getting insufficient cooling ("blanket") warnings while holding the phone in my hand...! What's your experience like?

Screenshot_20220224-001429_Thermal Guardian.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
Mine definitely not overheating BUT definitely seeing a lag in Apps opening. Couple of times Google discovery crashes back to a locked screen which is weird. Hopefully the next software update will fix it.
0 Likes
Rush786
First Poster
Options
I pre ordered thinking about it again,,,,,,
hash1981
Pioneer
Options
I've not had any issues at all, quick and smooth in all its processes. The only time it should heat up quite a bit (apart from intense gaming) is when there is an update on its way
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I've had no heating issues with mine with anything yet, media, gaming, camera usage. If it seems like it's heating up while appearing idle, make sure to check both Google play and galaxy store to ensure all apps are completely updated. Also make sure there are no backup/restore processes still going on in the background.
0 Likes
ZackLondon
First Poster
Options
I have over heating issue on 5g network with video call, on both s21u and s22u.
0 Likes
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

Mines can get warm but typically I've not had much overheating issues. To touch anyway. I have however noticed that it's really laggy opening and closing tabs. Sometime finger presses take seconds to respond. The adaptive frame rate seems to be making it quite stutters too. I know it is down to 8GB for my basic 128GB version but compared to my s21 Ultra this is insane.

0 Likes
T457
Pioneer
Options
Ive had no issues tried all display settings no lines/lag or heating and excellent battery life
0 Likes
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

So not long after I posted my message above I was co templating returning my device. I checked it had no updates to do which it never. It got to the stage where I could count in seconds the fingerprint to unlock. I had ran Geekbench a few times over last few days. Scores should range between  1100 and I was getting this range. Even as low as 600. Highest 900.

Screenshot_20220222-225951_Geekbench 5.jpg

 I decided to simply restart the phone to see if that helped. As soon as I unlocked it after this I noticed a huge improvement. No lag and back to the snappy flicking between apps. So before losing all hope folks just try a simple restart. Geekbench score after this was 1100! 

0 Likes
JTC
Pioneer
Options
Another update needed
This is all I see about this handset in every aspect of it
0 Likes