Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra Crashing and restarting

(Topic created on: 11-03-2024 08:45 PM)
sudip21
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

For the last two weeks, my S22 Ultra has been crashing at random times and keeps on restarting automatically. Yeah the S22 Ultra is the Exynos version.  It happens when I try to open even Youtube. I have turned off the Auto restart setting as well. After going through the initial Samsung logo, it restarts for like 5 to 6 times (or even more sometimes), then the One UI apps optimizing opens up and the restart completes. But this crashing happens randomly. I tried clearing the cache memory, but that did not help. Finally, I did the factory reset. Still, the problem persists. 

Has anybody got the same problem? Does anyone have a solution? Is my ultimate solution to visit Samsung Care Centre? 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sudip

49 REPLIES 49
Kayn79
First Poster
Options

Appened again, also after disabled IA. I hope they find a solution soon! 

0 Likes
Nemisez
First Poster
Options
Same here, updated to 6.1 to see if it would fix it but nope
0 Likes
Ihaveabrokenphone69
Apprentice
Options

Final Final update:

I sent my phone to Samsung to repair (they extended my warranty because of how long I have been with them to allow me to get it done under warranty (3 month extension and via dpd collection only) I haven't got my phone back yet but the support chat gave me the following update:

"Sure, actually as per checking here they were able to replace the main board and the battery on your device since the device is boot looping as well, as per the notion of our engineers."

The replacement of the board is in line with the rest of the comments about the motherboard being replaced to sort it out (and I'm getting a new battery out of it). If there are continued issues then I will be back here next Friday (31st May 2024) but if you dont see me again this has been resolved for me and is likely the only way to get it repaired. 

If you cant get an extended warranty with Samsung try and see if your mobile contract like O2 or other will have one for the duration of your contract.

tsyovinski
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung shop told be point-blank that the entire S22 series sucks :smiling-face: . I don`t think it has anything to do with the year. 

0 Likes
SamzinoX
Journeyman
Options
Another motherboard issues caused by an Update
0 Likes
Jake27
First Poster
Options

Yup, same thing has been happening to me for almost a month now. I'm starting to think about using the insurance to get a new one.

0 Likes
hazinger
Navigator
Options

Same problem from germany samsung wont help at all

0 Likes
Members_pTx2KT3
First Poster
Options

Same problem here... I am one of the fist to have ordered the device (22/02/2022 delivery date). The issue started mid April after a Google system update (I think). I have tried every tip mentioned in this and other similar topics without any luck.  My S22 Ultra keeps restarting no matter what. I am so frustrated to have such an issue occurring just when the warranty expires. It feels that I am kind of "penalised" for being one of the first to order the device.  I  booked an appointment with Samsung service team to deliver them the device myself and speak in person about this. 

0 Likes
hazinger
Navigator
Options

I feel you.. same for me warranty gone since march.. just spam the support they need to fix this

0 Likes
Kybertable
First Poster
Options

My S22 ultra is absolutely stuffed since the last major update (about 3 weeks ago). It crashes several times a day and gets so hot, I have to turn it off out of fear that damage will occur. Samsung 100% know about the issue. So many have had non stop problems since the update. Now they want me to put my phone in for a service, potentially at my own cost, instead of them just undoing what they did.

FIX THIS ***** UPDATE ISSUE, SAMSUNG! 

0 Likes