Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra camera crashing

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 05:23 PM)
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone else had an issue with their S22 Ultra restarting when you open the camera? It's done it to me a few times now.
Go to solution
105 REPLIES 105
jblanchardhomes
Apprentice
Options

Is this sarcasm?  Or are they really working on it?  Because I spoke with both AT&T and Samsung and neither rep was aware of the issue.

0 Likes
Members_dnoFP1R
First Poster
Options

salut,

si eu am intampinat problema asta de cateva ori in ultimele zile. am sunat la service Samsung care mi-au efectuat o diagnoza remote insa fara sa gaseasca vreun motiv/eroare. mi-au recomandat sa incerc sa folosesc o perioada telefonul in modul de "siguranta" insa este dificil sa o faci o perioada lunga deoarece telefonul nu mai poate fi folosit decat pentru apleuri si alte cateva aplicatii instalate din fabrica. 

sper sa fie o problema care sa se rezolve cat mai curand cu un update de soft din partea lor, nu-mi surade deloc ideea sa il resoftez complet sau si mai rau sa il bag in service..

o zi buna!

0 Likes
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
Try the solution by DallasFever above. It worked for me.
Also, if it happens again, open Members and you should be able to send an error report. This enables Samsung to look into the problem.
0 Likes
jblanchardhomes
Apprentice
Options

nope - didn't work.  Did it multiple times plus a factory reset.  The device is at Samsung now.

0 Likes
TomazDrnovsek
Explorer
Options

It didn't work for me either. So, it's not really a solution.

0 Likes
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
I've had no problems since I did it, so I can't explain why it works for some and not others.
0 Likes
TheSlaYYer
Explorer
Options

I've just had a painful 1 hour session being patronised by a Samsung UK chat representative in an attempt to follow some "switch it off and on again" and if that fails Reset the phone type support. They refused to admit that this is a problem. My phone arrived on the 25th Feb...launch day ... and the camera has been largely unusable since.

It crashes with no pattern that I can decipher and reboots the phone, but even the reboot is different to a normal restart, it takes much much longer. Sometimes the phone is down for 3 or 4 minutes before it's back up.

Absolute nightmare.

All fully up to date too.

If samsung haven't admitted or recognised this as a problem, there's little likely hood of a quick software fix.

Configuring this phone with all the tools I use represents about 5 days of effort ... returning it or factory reseting isn't an option as is so commonly suggested by first line support.

I'll give the app reset a go but first I need to understand what implications this has to my complex phone build.

Fingers crossed this gets sorted ... at this rate I'll be heading back to my old faithful S10+.

jblanchardhomes
Apprentice
Options

you just put into words everything I have been experiencing in the last week.  My scenario exactly.  Samsung currently has my phone.  Luckily I hadn't sent my trade in yet so I'm back to my Note9 for now.  

TheSlaYYer
Explorer
Options
Hmmm ... I was told earlier to take my phone to a Samsung store so they could "fix it" .. I replied that if shop staff can fix this issue then Samsung must be aware of the problem. The support representative then back tracked on this and elevated my case to another support line who are supposed to get in touch within 48 hours ... probably to tell me to factory reset the phone. Watch this space!
Yoyoland
First Poster
Options

Yes I also experienced that since day 1.. I need to turn off the photo enhancer capability in trading off have stable camera which is not shutting down itself every single shot I take.