Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra camera crashing

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 05:23 PM)
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone else had an issue with their S22 Ultra restarting when you open the camera? It's done it to me a few times now.
Go to solution
105 REPLIES 105
cvsatx
First Poster
Options

Yes. When I switched between UHD 60 and then tried Steady Shot, when it automatically switch to FHD 60.  After that it started crashing.  I had to go to App Info and reset the app to get it to working.  This sucks.

Members_SMcI3yl
Student
Options

Got my S22 Ultra a couple days now, and it has crashed randomly about 6 times now. Two of which occurred after I opened the camera app and then switched to Portrait mode.

I was hoping that the software update from March, which I already received, would fix it but it didn't. 

Prasad Desai
First Poster
Options

Hello Wilko54,

I got s22 ultra yesterday and I am already facing issues. The phone restarts if the camera is open for 15 to 20 seconds.
I did a camera reset by going into camera settings but it did not work.

Is it still happening for you? Any solutions?

Alex Gallo
First Poster
Options

Yes, mine say Camera failed plus i have issues with the speaker too. 

0 Likes
dogdayz1215
Student
Options

So here is my update.  I was on the phone with tech support twice over 2 days (thankfully it was the same person that was continuing to help me)   we did everything including a factory reset.  No luck.  

I am having to return it for a new one.  Problem is, they wanted me to send them the broken one and then order a new once the old was returned.  I was concerned that the delay was going to be really long given the popularity of the phone.  I ended up having to purchase a second phone and will get my money back once the old phone gets back to them.  Now I have to wait another month before the new phone comes in.  

Very frustrated.

0 Likes
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
When I try this, the phone just starts. I've tried a few times and I'm not getting any list on screen. Am i missing something?
0 Likes
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
That isn't good at all.
0 Likes
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
You could try the method that Dallasfever suggested.
Michael-CY
Apprentice
Options

Yes, a few times to me as well. S22 Ultra 

Never had any problems with my Note 10+

Members_SAjkHJD
First Poster
Options

I have the regular S22 and just today the camera app has caused my phone to crash and hard reset about 5 times.