Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra apps all freezing

(Topic created on: 07-11-2022 06:28 AM)
Dain1
Explorer
Options

Nearly all my apps are freezing upon opening and shutting down. Keeps saying it is a Cache issue however I have performed all the recommended fixes, and nothing works. It says a lot of the apps have bugs and to wait for an update for them. They all worked fine after the UI 5 Update which was a few days ago so seems odd. Anyone else have this same issue?

34 REPLIES 34
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options

Apple may be pushing it a bit, I am not an apple fan.  Dont get me wrong their devices are really good devices but it is their business practices that put me off and the way they try to force you to pay for stuff etc but it does leave us red-faced with these so called top-end phones that are garbage and our friends with apple dont seem to have any serious issues on the whole.  I personally would probably go for google pixel and give it a try, lets face it they should be the home of android 🙂 but who knows they may have issues with their phones too

AndrewL
Options

To those of you affected by this issue, if you haven't done so already, please can you try switching off the phone, then press the Power and Volume Up keys together until the Samsung logo appears on screen. Release the buttons at this stage, and you should see a Recovery Mode screen. Using the Volume Down button, scroll to Wipe Cache Partition, and hit the power button to select it. Select 'Yes', then scroll to Reboot System Now on the Recovery Menu, and tap the Power button.

Let me know if this helps. 

TheSkeptic
First Poster
Options

This doesn't work. Does Samsung read the forums and Reddit? Clearing cache - on any level - doesn't resolve. Nor does "repair apps" from the Recovery menu. What is Samsung doing to address this?

Dain1
Explorer
Options

Hi Andrew. Didn't work for me

0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
Windows mobile ?
Remember there downdates ?
These are worse than windows ever was
0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
But that will be ok until you install the newest update then you will only have a phone for a couple of hours while it turns out all these updates so factory resetting your phone will have no effect at all if it's the software they are installing into the phone unless you don't update your phone and then you are at a security risk I'm lucky I only paid £300 for my one but I tell you if I pay 2 grand for a phone and it was acting like this phone I'd be asking for my money
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I have reset my phone again and it seems to have resolved the issues with apps crashing. As usual a lot of data is lost I.e which doesn't back up and my phone will no longer connect to a card reader, in addition to this I will have weeks if messing around setting up my accounts and log ins etc as most accounts and settings from within apps disappear when you reset as well as a lot of other things like progress in games etc so resetting is a massive undertaking. All these issues seem to revolve around this phone models problems with maintaining network connectivity which has been consistent in this phone model. You notice it most when apps etc report no network despite having both strong WiFi and mobile signals. A lot of apps crash when there are network connection problems
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I had Windows phones. In terms of reliability and performance, windows out performs the others. Biggest issue with windows is the lack of apps or support from providers which made it too limited on what you could do with it
0 Likes
Dain1
Explorer
Options

I haven't had any connection issues either on wifi or 5G so don't think this is the issue. I am still reluctant to reset my phone due to the issues you have mentioned. A lot of my apps are working fine so it doesn't make sense. I noticed that an error came up on one of the apps saying that it didn't this app doesn't support the latest version of android. 

0 Likes
Jake17
Apprentice
Options

These suggestions have been tried to no avail. This problem has not been solved or addressed in any way. Samsung needs to send out an emergency update to fix this. Also - requiring your customers to do a full wipe as an attempted fix (recommended on other similar posts) is not a solution to fix your buggy software. Really disappointing experience for this loyal Samsung customer since the GS3!