Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra apps all freezing

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 08:01 AM)
Dain1
Explorer
Options

Nearly all my apps are freezing upon opening and shutting down. Keeps saying it is a Cache issue however I have performed all the recommended fixes, and nothing works. It says a lot of the apps have bugs and to wait for an update for them. They all worked fine after the UI 5 Update which was a few days ago so seems odd. Anyone else have this same issue?

34 REPLIES 34
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
How much space do your apps take up ?? As it sounds as if you have a apps that likes to have the phone to itself. Also have you done a virus scan to see if anything else has been bundled with some apps.
0 Likes
Dain1
Explorer
Options

Yes I agree. Too risky to loose information that you may have if everything doesn't back up properly when you reinstall

Dain1
Explorer
Options

I have over 800gb of free storage so I don't think that is the issue and i have over 6gb of free ram. Virus scan comes up clean

0 Likes
Dain1
Explorer
Options

Yes

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options

My phone has just started to do exactly the same out of the blue.  My Microsoft Apps crash, Google Crashes, and even Samsung Apps crash.  Some close immediately some open, go so far, and then crash.  Even the Samsung Members App loads but when you try to open a post it just disappears.  After a couple of crashes, you get the message saying there is a bug in the App and to clear the cache and wait for the app developer to update their app.  Not sure what Samsung has done but it messed up my phone yet again. This S22 Ultra is the most expensive piece of junk I have ever bought best part of 2k.  It is plagued with constant issues and glitches some minor and some serious.  I am typing this on my PC as I can no longer do it on the App.  I'm not sure if a reset will fix it as it came out of the blue not long after the latest app updates but most apps are working but crash when doing certain things. Totally beyond me, I do hope someone finds what's causing it then we can decide if we have to do yet more factory resets.  It's probably just this phone model as I don't hear any others having the No of issues with other phones as people are having with this. or it could be a Samsung issue others tend to just get the odd occasional middle but your right about the resets and clearing cache etc all the time, this is the first so-called flagship phone I have had to do it with and I have always opted for top end phones for many years. Sorry I couldn't help as I am just as confused.  I think thats me done with Samsung phones moving forward, I will try to use this piece of expensive junk for as long as I can and then move to another more reliable brand of phone most likely sooner than I would normally do.  It's a shame as I generally like Samsung products and their phones used to be good phones, I'm not sure what has gone wrong.  I didn't buy a phone to have to repeatedly do highly technical stuff to make it work or spend countless hours contacting Samsung and sending in hours of bug reports. For the record, even the feedback bug reports crash soon after you hit send so I suspect not many bug reports will go to Samsung due to the crashes

Dain1
Explorer
Options

Have you read any of the thread??

0 Likes
Dain1
Explorer
Options

This is absolutely exactly what has happened to me. It is obviously not a coincidence. I too am using a computer because I can't even log the issues via the members app. I am reasonably technically minded, and this is the first time I have ever encountered this type of issue which I can't rectify. You have definitely answered my question. This is 100% a Samsung software issue fault relating to the new UI 5 or Android 13 without a doubt

0 Likes
Dain1
Explorer
Options

I can't believe I'm about to utter these words, but I think that I am going to convert to Apple after this. The best they could do was offer me some piddly 10% off some more products for my troubles?? I can't use the phone properly why would I buy more accessories to go with it when it's not working properly to start with??

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
You could always use your phone as a paperweight.

I'd do a full reset and make sure the auto backup is turned off. Then, test everything one by one as you download the apps.
Dain1
Explorer
Options

That will probably be the solution in the end. I really don't have the time to waste however as I have a lot of apps that I use. On the other hand, I do have a lot of paper!

0 Likes