Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra 512 Video playing issue

(Topic created on: 17-03-2022 08:37 PM)
MrNoble
Explorer
Options
Hi all.

Might have been the recent update but thought I'd check here before contacting supplier.

Videos are freezing or not playing - this is downloaded vids ie from WhatsApp, Amazon prime video, and most recent and most shocking... adverts! 

So, anyone else having this issue? Restarting helps for a little while but it does return.

Thanks
21 REPLIES 21
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @MrNoble 

Do videos play OK via YouTube  ?

Could you please try these two generic troubleshooting guides which I suggest as first steps.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MrNoble
Explorer
Options
I will look at doing safe mode and see what it comes up with
0 Likes
Madfish
Pathfinder
Options
Try running with the Bluetooth switched off after your next reboot and let us know how you get on...
0 Likes
MrNoble
Explorer
Options
Nothing has changed, even Samsung have suggested things but nothing has sorted the issue, and the other post is still growing with similar issues
YSL2511
Student
Options

Same problem here, it dosen´t play the video, sometime it plays the video but with delay, 

Ive got problems with Chrome, Snapchat, Instagram, and mostly apps 

ive text samsung support about this issue and they will make a software update soon to fix the problem

Wojciech_Bartoszuk
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. No video or audio is way sooner than video. It happens on all apps: chrome, youtube, mx player.

cannherm
First Poster
Options

Same symptoms here as well, S22 Ultra 512 with Snapdragon. Videos with Vorbis audio either doesn't play, or when they DO play, it's choppy as hell.

That is when I'm using the default OS decoder on a browser embedded player.

When I'm using other media players such as nPlayer with its own SW decoder sets (instead of using HW), all the videos play fine.

Could people check and confirm if the video / webm files you're having problem with have Vorbis audio? 

Members_xhzq8md
First Poster
Options

Same problem here  😞