Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Quick Share One UI 5.0 Android 13

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 04:40 PM)
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
I got the Android One UI update last week (24/10/22) and I've just found out that the Quick Share has stopped working cannot send or receive files.
There was a update for the Quick Share app yesterday but that did not help. 
Tried all the usual fixes, restarting phone, uninstalling updates and clearing app cache and data.
 Made no difference still not working, I have sent a error report waiting for a reply. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
UPDATE.
I had a update for the Quick Share app on my old S6 tablet this morning after which there was no problem sending or receiving files from my S22, so on a hunch I uninstalled all of the Quick Share updates on my S22 phone and the new S8 tablet that got the Quick Share app working again I then decided to try installing all of the Quick Share updates on the phone and tablet,
It is now working as it should.
I'll keep my fingers crossed it keeps working in future.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What happens when you try and use it? Any error message?

0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
The phone has a message pop up which says "Tablet didn’t respond to the sharing request. "
And the Tablet says "Couldn't receive file. Phone has been notified and can send again. "
The Tablet works perfectly with another Galaxy phone and my old Samsung tablet so I doubt it's the tablet , but my s22 ultra cannot send or receive files from any other device.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
I've just cleared the phone cache partition and it's still not working.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you use the feature before and it worked? Any apps disabled using adb

0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
It was working fine before I got the Android 13 One UI update.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mouse7: Is the issue affecting all files you attempt to share via Quick Share, or just certain ones? Are you using the Quick Share option in the drop down Quick Panel? As an alternative approach, have you considered trying Nearby Share to see if you're able to complete the transfer using this feature (Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel > Nearby Share). 

0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
I have tried with jpg,txt.epub,pdf,mp4,mp3 and wma files and cannot send or receive any.
Nearby Share works but prefer Quick Share as it's easier to use.
"Call & text on other devices" and "Smart View " are also working properly .
Tried all the usual fixes,
Restarted Phone,
Cleared app cache and data,
Reset network settings,
Cleared Phone partition.
After installing Android 13 One UI 5.0 stopped working had a update for the Quick Share app on the 2/11 made no difference still not working.
0 Likes
Solution
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
UPDATE.
I had a update for the Quick Share app on my old S6 tablet this morning after which there was no problem sending or receiving files from my S22, so on a hunch I uninstalled all of the Quick Share updates on my S22 phone and the new S8 tablet that got the Quick Share app working again I then decided to try installing all of the Quick Share updates on the phone and tablet,
It is now working as it should.
I'll keep my fingers crossed it keeps working in future.