Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 glitchy after One UI 6 update

(Topic created on: 19-12-2023 07:13 PM)
rjrj
Journeyman
Options
My Samsung S22 has become extremely slow and glitchy since I updated to One UI 6. Apps are slow, keep crashing and flicker green pixels as shown in the screenshot. The issue affects all apps, even just browsing phone settings, unlocking home screen etc. 

Things I've tried so far:
  • OneUI home update from Samsung store
  • Clearing cache partition
  • Factory reset (was hoping this would revert to UI version I had when I bought the phone so I could try reinstalling 6 but it kept current version)
  • Turning off RAM Plus 
  • Changing frame rate to 60 Hz
  • Safe mode
I have sent an error report to Samsung but wondering if there's anything else I can try while waiting for their response? 

Example of green pixels seen on apps after UI update

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46
IngridNa
Student
Options

I'm sorry they are slow. I used a chat at the page for Samsung Norway.

I had to send in my phone to get it fixed, I sent it to the workshop that that is used by store where I bought the phone. They had to change to a new motherboard, and some other parts. I diden't pay anything for it since it was not my fault this happend. I think it is stange that an update could do this. 

0 Likes
Raj1704
Apprentice
Options

Doesnt work on S22 ultra, tried it 10 times

0 Likes
Bananarepublic
Student
Options

Yeah for some reason - Booting into Recovery without being connected to a computer - Doesn't work for the International variant - Works just fine on the North American devices.. 

0 Likes
Beush
Apprentice
Options
I have 2 Samsung phones (Personal and Work). One is a nearly new S23, and the other is a 3 year old A53. The S23 is fine with 6.0, but the A53 is really slow, laggy, and glitching. Is this a case of Samsung "doing an Apple"? I.E. slowing down older devices to force users to upgrade? Apple was fined large amounts of money for this, in a number of territories, and I seem to remember Samsung being fined for similar, but lesser, practices in the past too. I really hope that is not the case, as it lost Apple loyalty from me and millions of others, but I can not see how Samsung would not be aware of this issue before releasing the software.....
0 Likes
Beush
Apprentice
Options
I also notice that my A53 had been throttled on QI charging. I use a Samsung QI Charger, and the phone fitted with a high quality charging pad. Before OneUI 6.0, my A54 always charged at high-speed. Since the upgrade to OneUI 6.0 it doesn't even reach full charge after 12 hours on the Samsung fast QI Charger.

So, Samsung's OneUI 6.0 "Upgrade" has made my 2 year old phone difficult to use. Despite me spending hours researching the supposed fixes, peddled by a number of self-proclaimed Gurus (clearing caches, tweaking various settings, disabling a number of functions, etc, etc), this phone is glitchy, laggy and frustrating, and now will only charge at the lowest rate, taking around 14 hours to charge, compared to the 2.5 hours it used to take.

Great update! 🤬
@Samsung you need to fix this and improve your R&D process, at the very least you should ensure your updates are compatible with your own phones. You don't pay us for testing, we pay you for a useable product! Imagine taking a 2 year old car in for a service, and when you get it back, it is slow, keeps stopping, and it takes you hours to full up the tank! Not acceptable!
1946me
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem early march Ul update since then phone s22 keeps crashing and restarting
0 Likes
Beush
Apprentice
Options
I have now moved away from buying new Samsung phones. I found that the S20 is the newest phone that will not be updated to OneUI6 (plus it has an SD card slot, a feature that made me move to Samsung from Apple in the past, but has been taken away by Samsung on newer models). I bought a second-hand S20, running OneUI5.1, and it is a dream, despite being nearly 4 years old. I have now discarded the 2 year old phone that Samsung ruined, and when my current contract ends, I will be moving back to Apple. Samsung have removed the reasons to stay with them. There is no SD card slot any more (you have to pay for cloud storage now) and I have no trust in the Samsung brand, not to break or downgrade their phones with software that downgrades their phones.
0 Likes