Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 glitchy after One UI 6 update

(Topic created on: 19-12-2023 07:13 PM)
rjrj
Journeyman
Options
My Samsung S22 has become extremely slow and glitchy since I updated to One UI 6. Apps are slow, keep crashing and flicker green pixels as shown in the screenshot. The issue affects all apps, even just browsing phone settings, unlocking home screen etc. 

Things I've tried so far:
  • OneUI home update from Samsung store
  • Clearing cache partition
  • Factory reset (was hoping this would revert to UI version I had when I bought the phone so I could try reinstalling 6 but it kept current version)
  • Turning off RAM Plus 
  • Changing frame rate to 60 Hz
  • Safe mode
I have sent an error report to Samsung but wondering if there's anything else I can try while waiting for their response? 

Example of green pixels seen on apps after UI update

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46
Colly111
Student
Options

Have you tried to uninstall the "secure folder" if you had it set up. Seems to improve some of the issues after UI6.0 update.

rjrj
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the tip! I don't have it set up though. Such a great update - having a secure folder set up will mess up the whole UI 😆
0 Likes
IngridNa
Student
Options

I have this same problem but resetting diden't help 😞

0 Likes
IngridNa
Student
Options

What is a secure folder? Sorry I know nothing about phones, and I have the dame problem. I have reset it but it diden't help

0 Likes
ShaggySkunk
Student
Options

You don't need to connect your device to a computer to Wipe Cache. Just Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache. 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For which you need to connect your device to a laptop via a USC connection.

Since One UI6 using USB-C headphones no longer works.
0 Likes
ShaggySkunk
Student
Options

No you don't! Samsung Tablets need to be connected to a computer, but NO Galaxy S devices need to be connected to a computer to Wipe Cache / Factory Reset. 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please do share how as I've not come across a way to do so for S Series without connecting to laptop and no one else on here has either from what I've seen.

Would appreciate your experience on this.
0 Likes
ShaggySkunk
Student
Options

I'm new to this Samsung Members community, but I am an "expert level 5" for whatever that is worth in Canada. Currently I have both the S20 Ultra One UI V5.1 & S23 Ultra One UI V6.0. There's no Samsung phone from the Skyrocket up to the S23 series that ever needs to be connected to a computer to Wipe Cache / Factory Reset.

Just power off the device, wait a couple of seconds & Press & Hold Power + Volume Up until the phone vibrates & release both simultaneously & you'll see the Recovery Menu in a second or so. 

Tablets and maybe not all of them, need to be connected to a computer. 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you.

Have just tried your approach twice and on each occasion it simply took me device through the start up. No recovery mode. This was as expected.