Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Exynos Battery Drain on WiFi

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 11:05 AM)
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with WiFi on S22 . When the phone is idle and connected to WiFi it can't switch to "deep sleep" mode and battery drains much faster then when on 4G. 

Is this a known bug ? Does Samsung is working on a fix ? I need to keep the WiFi turned off currently to reduce the idle battery drain, which is pretty annoying. According to multiple threads on Reddit and other sources online I'm not the only one with this issue 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/t7vsjn/my_exynos_s22_bases_battery_drains_34_overnight/

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Raverstone
Apprentice
Options

I haven't got any response from samsung at all. What could go wrong here? I really hope this is not a hardware problem as we haven't heard anything from samsung.

Last night i let my phone connected with wifi, most of my apps are in deep sleep and my battery drained 17% from midnight to 6 o'clock!

The good guardians app only show 1 background app during that time, the google service. Which in my opinion should not drain that much battery with screen off overnight.

EDIT 

GOOD NEWS!

After updating to the latest firmware S901B....AVDA i can confirm that the bug is resolved!

My S22 Exynos now went to deep sleep even with WiFi on! I will test the battery drain of my phone tonight.

Great job Samsung 👍

View solution in context

124 REPLIES 124
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
I hope this helps you resolve the problem
Try this.Screenshot_20220314-112605_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220314-112457_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

I've tried that already. It doesn't make any difference. Still no "deep sleep". 

0 Likes
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
Did check what's drain the battery 🔋 in the background.?
Also try to wipe the cache partition..
I have used my phone more than two weeks now and everything it's fine.. But some apps used battery high. I putted this apps into deep sleep and now is fine.Screenshot_20220314-113425_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20220314-115358_Reddit_15252_1647258850.jpg
0 Likes
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

I've tried the factory reset. Still the same. It is not a specific app causing that. Try to install AccuBattery or GSam battery monitor. If the mobile is connected to WiFi , there is no time spent in deep sleep, with WiFi off and connected to mobile data most of the time the screen is off is spent in deep sleep.

The reason for higher battery drain is that something is preventing the phone from switching to deep sleep mode when on WiFi. Probably some wake lock . It seems to be a bug in fw. It is happening even after factory reset when no other app is installed.

mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
This is very big problem, maybe your wifi loses the packets. What provider do you have?? try change the chanel in the router and 2.4g to 5g if you can . Also you can try this trick with bixby rountines. if this not help you just claim your warranty and swap the phone🤔Screenshot_20220314-120315_Bixby Routines.jpg
0 Likes
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

It is happening on both 2.4g and 5g routers even when I'm close to the router. The Galaxy S10 sitting next to it has no issue. 

0 Likes
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
How long do you have s22ultra??
Try the last thing
You need enable developer options mode.
Also, after I can recommend for try wipe the cache partition..
If this will be not resolved your problem, try to contact with the customer service.Screenshot_20220314-124854_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

It's not S22 ultra but S22 base. I have it ten days already. 

I checked the developers options and the "Wi-Fi scan option" is already turned on. I've tried to turn it off if it makes any difference but it doesn't.

I've enabled enhanced battery statistics in the GSam battery monitor using ADB and it seems that Kernel (Android OS) process is keeping the phone awake. Thus it seems to me that it is a software problem that should be fixed by Samsung. I'm not the only one with this problem. 

Can anybody with S22 Exynos confirm that the phone is capable of going into "deep sleep" while on WiFi ? 

User 9000
Explorer
Options

Yes i can confirm. The problem is exactly as you describe it.

When wifi is turned on my phone (s22 base model) can't enter the deep sleep state. 

With wifi off it wil go to deep sleep immediately when the screen is turnd off.

Hope samsung is coming with a patch soon. Otherwise im forced to return this phone.