Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Exynos Battery Drain on WiFi

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 11:05 AM)
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with WiFi on S22 . When the phone is idle and connected to WiFi it can't switch to "deep sleep" mode and battery drains much faster then when on 4G. 

Is this a known bug ? Does Samsung is working on a fix ? I need to keep the WiFi turned off currently to reduce the idle battery drain, which is pretty annoying. According to multiple threads on Reddit and other sources online I'm not the only one with this issue 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/t7vsjn/my_exynos_s22_bases_battery_drains_34_overnight/

Go to solution
124 REPLIES 124
Members_4Ajcucw
Journeyman
Options

Wow, It looks amazing.

Can you also share screenshot of graph/chart from GSam APK, tab RATE OF CHANGE like in below sample ?

Screenshot_2022-04-23-09-00-14-159_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg

0 Likes
oile
Explorer
Options

still not solved for me on AVDA exynos s22. With wifi on it goes only in light doze and never in deep sleep doze unless I go to airplane mode or 4g

0 Likes
Members_4Ajcucw
Journeyman
Options

It looks like you have faulty unit.

In mine, the main board and battery were replaced and now it seems to work correctly.

0 Likes
Members_hRbIC27
Apprentice
Options

I still have the problem after the last update. I tried turning wifi off last night and my screen off battery drain went down to 0.7%/h from 3.5%/h with wifi on 😞

0 Likes
Members_4Ajcucw
Journeyman
Options

0.7%/h is normal for Exynos - I have now after "repair" ca. 5% battery usage after 8h of night with WIFI and sync OFF.

You can't compare the Exynos to Snapdragon SoC :winking-face:

0 Likes