Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Exynos Battery Drain on WiFi

(Topic created on: 19-04-2022 10:58 AM)
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with WiFi on S22 . When the phone is idle and connected to WiFi it can't switch to "deep sleep" mode and battery drains much faster then when on 4G. 

Is this a known bug ? Does Samsung is working on a fix ? I need to keep the WiFi turned off currently to reduce the idle battery drain, which is pretty annoying. According to multiple threads on Reddit and other sources online I'm not the only one with this issue 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/t7vsjn/my_exynos_s22_bases_battery_drains_34_overnight/

124 REPLIES 124
MILNE_RANGERS
Apprentice
Options

Battery/size aside do you notice much difference between the handsets?

Cheers

0 Likes
Members_4Ajcucw
Journeyman
Options

A bit better main rear camera, IMO not worth of upgrading and extra money.

Shame that I've realized that after upgrade, just trusted YT recommendations which no one even mentioned about battery draining during a night ;(

0 Likes
User 9000
Explorer
Options

I just received a response from Samsung  to the error I reported in the samsung members app. 

I specifically explained that my phone is not entering deep sleep and included a log after using my phone for a day.

This was the response:

"Hi! We have received your report and we have checked it out.
There were no issues about battery life, The battery was drained by using Youtube and so on.
If you have any further questions I would like to ask to you to contact us via the Text Chat option when pressing the ‘+’ in the bottom right of the Samsung Members App. That way we can dive deeper into your questions.
Kind regards,
Samsung Electronics Benelux"

So they basically say we see no problem. Have any of you got a response back from Samsung after reporting an error?

0 Likes
Solution
Raverstone
Apprentice
Options

I haven't got any response from samsung at all. What could go wrong here? I really hope this is not a hardware problem as we haven't heard anything from samsung.

Last night i let my phone connected with wifi, most of my apps are in deep sleep and my battery drained 17% from midnight to 6 o'clock!

The good guardians app only show 1 background app during that time, the google service. Which in my opinion should not drain that much battery with screen off overnight.

EDIT 

GOOD NEWS!

After updating to the latest firmware S901B....AVDA i can confirm that the bug is resolved!

My S22 Exynos now went to deep sleep even with WiFi on! I will test the battery drain of my phone tonight.

Great job Samsung 👍

NisseHemma
Explorer
Options

Wow, thats GREAT news!, i have to test it!

0 Likes
Members_wQr2zSk
Student
Options

I can confirm with my S22 base Exynos.   Bug is fixed so far.

NisseHemma
Explorer
Options

Tested an confirmed. Wifi deep sleep ok now

Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

I can confirm that the issue got resolved.

0 Likes
MILNE_RANGERS
Apprentice
Options

All, 

Could you please feedback your SOT now this bug is fixed?

I might pull the trigger after all for this but keen to know if it's on a par with the S21 now and if the experience is generally a lot better?

Thanks

0 Likes
User 9000
Explorer
Options

If I was you I would wait a bit so we can experience the battery life after the latest update. 

It seems the deep sleep is working now but I can't say if the battery life is actually much better now.

Ill share my experience in a couple of days.