Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone Volume Keeps Resetting to Almost Zero

(Topic created on: 24-01-2023 05:47 PM)
GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

This is something that's happened on all of my Samsung phones since my s20 Ultra. But it's gotten so much worse on my s22 Ultra lately. It just randomly sets my ringtone to almost zero. Many other people seem to have the same problem as well.

No, it's not in my pocket and hitting the volume button. This will happen just sitting on my desk next to me. It was just every so often before but, in the past week or so, it seems to just keep setting it low all of the time.

So tired of this same bug that's been a part of Samsung Galaxy phones for years now.

42 REPLIES 42
Hayden766
Apprentice
Options

Thx.  I enabled it.  Hopefully this randomly turns media low or off instead lol

0 Likes
Hayden766
Apprentice
Options

I'll drive brother.  We get this punk

0 Likes
Lochness90
First Poster
Options

I have this issue for sometime now, but ignored it it the past simply turning back on the ringing volume. Not until today that I missed important call, and checked, yes indeed, the ringing volume is set to low, very low. I also noticed that many old samsung device also does this too, i ignored in the past as it was not important calls. I thought I was due to don't disturb mode, but I disabled it a long time ago when first encountered the issue. This is some kind of bug, and now it is starting to drive me crazy. BTW, I don't install any fancy apps on it other than financial apps, no gaming, no nothing as I want my s23 ultra as clean as possible for financial only. Helps, samsung help. This has gone long enough. I am an IT tech support for a living, I have tried everything/troubleshooting steps found here and other sites, other than migrating to apple ios.

CJM3
Apprentice
Options

I agree with your sentiments. Just curious if my suggestion in https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/ringtone-volume-keeps-resetting-to-almost-zero... solved your current problem?

0 Likes
GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately it did not.

0 Likes
AprilAllYear
Apprentice
Options

Same (Now 20 Ultra). 😡 I have a sick daughter and it kills me when I see I've missed a call from her, always worried it was critical. 

Originally, I noticed that whenever I used a manual button on the side of the phone to alter the volume, even by just one increment, when I restored everything to full volume with the same manual button the ring volume mysteriously - and *only* the ring volume - would be set to *almost* zero.

It sets so low unless I'm holding the phone near my head, I can't hear it. Sometimes I'll glance down and SEE a call coming in and then I'm tipped off that it's been set to zero AGAIN without my awareness. 

Now, tho, it's happening with more frequency and Even when I've not touched the manual volume button. 

I'm sorry for the OP, as this is the first phone this has happened with for me and it's driving me *crazy* more and more.

*REALLY* hoping to find a solution to this.

Samsung? Hello? Are you paying attention?

<tap> <tap> <tap> 

Anyone?

AprilAllYear
Apprentice
Options

Update: this was already selected (on) so it doesn't help me. sigh.

Thank you for trying to help resolve this. I hope it helps with others.

Original: Gonna give this a shot. 

🤞🏾🤞🏼🤞🏽🤞🤞🏿🤞🏻

Thanks, CJM3.

AprilAllYear
Apprentice
Options

Agree we should be able to lock our choice in.

0 Likes
GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

Well, got sick of Samsung ignoring this problem--and others--and switched to a Google Pixel 8 Pro. Volume has stayed where I set it...

0 Likes
Redders56
First Poster
Options

My wife and I both have identical S22 and her phone has suddenly developed this same issue,  while mine is fine. We have tried all the fixes suggested online and it still has problems..sometimes starting loud and then going quiet after a couple of seconds, sometimes staying loud and sometimes quiet from the outset. Sooo frustrating, especially as Samsung are doing nothing to help. Might be time to try an iPhone!!