Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone Volume Keeps Resetting to Almost Zero

(Topic created on: 20-01-2024 11:57 AM)
GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

This is something that's happened on all of my Samsung phones since my s20 Ultra. But it's gotten so much worse on my s22 Ultra lately. It just randomly sets my ringtone to almost zero. Many other people seem to have the same problem as well.

No, it's not in my pocket and hitting the volume button. This will happen just sitting on my desk next to me. It was just every so often before but, in the past week or so, it seems to just keep setting it low all of the time.

So tired of this same bug that's been a part of Samsung Galaxy phones for years now.

45 REPLIES 45
Alan G
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem on my S22. Frustrating  and annoying 

CJM3
Apprentice
Options

Setting "Use Volume buttons for Media" option on seems to have worked on my Galaxy S23. Has anyone tried it on any Galaxy model, and has it solved the problem?

0 Likes
Galaxy Hater
Student
Options

Why is this guy even commenting? Nobody cares that Midge 123 ISN'T having issues, the concern is why those like GadgetRick and myself ARE!

Galaxy Hater
Student
Options

Again with this dipsh!+. How's this suit you Midge, next time you want to pretend you're NOT throwing intelligence insults across a digital platform, how about you 1st list your home address so those you're pretending not to insult can come and meet you in the middle of the street, and THEN you can proceed to spew your little comments about how others "don't know" this or that; mainly because I've been experiencing the exact thing as GadgetRick for over a yr now with my s22 Ultra, and I'm VERY knowledgeable in how to adjust my phone settings. I'm also 205 lbs of muscle and dense bones w/ a Marine Corps background, and I don't take kindly to @$$ clowns on digital platforms pretending to be technological gods who reign Supreme over others. Put yourself in harms way before running your mouth, or S.T.F. up, sissy boy Midge!

GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

Thank you. So tired of people coming into posts like this just to say they've had no problem. We're all super-happy for them but that doesn't mean others aren't having problems...

0 Likes
GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

I don't know what you mean by this. But happy to try.

0 Likes
CJM3
Apprentice
Options

Hi GadgetRick. Here's a copy/paste of what I posted. I did this on my Galaxy S23, and the problem seems to have gone away for me. I hope it helps you and others dealing with the "disappearing" ringtone volume:

Samsung Galaxy volume settings

I think I stumbled across a solution for the problem of Samsung Galaxy ringtone volume getting “randomly” reset to off (or any other undesired level). Go to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume, set the Ringtone volume to high or max, and enable (turn on) the option “Use Volume buttons for media”. For example:

CJM3_0-1705020855360.png

I think the option name and description are misleading. The name should be “Use Volume buttons for only Media”, and the description should be “Volume up/down buttons will control only Media, not Ringtone, Notifications, or System."

GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

Thank you!  I'll give this a shot!

0 Likes
Hayden766
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same issue and use for business ! I miss calls!

0 Likes
Hayden766
Apprentice
Options

I really think it's our Bluetooth accessories as I don't thinks it's the volume buttons in our pockets.  Samsung needs to allow ring volume to he locked and adjusted only in sound settings.   I miss Blackberry days