Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone Volume Keeps Resetting to Almost Zero

(Topic created on: 24-01-2023 05:47 PM)
GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

This is something that's happened on all of my Samsung phones since my s20 Ultra. But it's gotten so much worse on my s22 Ultra lately. It just randomly sets my ringtone to almost zero. Many other people seem to have the same problem as well.

No, it's not in my pocket and hitting the volume button. This will happen just sitting on my desk next to me. It was just every so often before but, in the past week or so, it seems to just keep setting it low all of the time.

So tired of this same bug that's been a part of Samsung Galaxy phones for years now.

41 REPLIES 41
Kiran RS
First Poster
Options

If you don't have this problem it doesn't mean some others don't have.

0 Likes
GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

Yes, would be AWESOME if someone from Samsung cared enough to try and help. If you Google this, you'll see this is an ongoing problem. This is my 4th Galaxy and EVERY one of them has had the problem. The bigger issue is, each phone has the problem worse than the one before.

Yesterday, it turned itself down like 5 times. No, it's not in my pocket. No, it's not being changed by a phone holder (happens in cars I don't have a holder). This just keeps happening over and over.

As it stands, I can't see myself buying another SS phone. Add to that, each time they push an update they will force the update and sometimes it happens in the middle of the day--happened once while I was navigating somewhere. Had to pull over and wait for the update. More often than not, it happens over night. Problem is, when the phone restarts after the update, it won't fully-restart until you unlock it. This is a problem because my alarm won't go off until it fully-starts up. So, this morning my alarm didn't go off and I was late because it forced an update over night.

Really tired of all of this *****.

Ahmed-Ragab
Student
Options

I have an S22 Ultra and had an S20 Ultra before. And I can't agree with you more. I tolerated this issue on my previous phone. But it's just too much on S22 Ultra. It's always going low to the same sound level, everytime. I could even witness it happening when someone calls me. It's starts high for a second maybe then goes low. And stays low until I raise it again. 

It's should not be that hard to fix. Only if Samsung cared enough.

Ahmed-Ragab
Student
Options

Screenshot_20231211_201542_Chrome.jpg

These suggestions maybe relevant. Another owner had the same issue.

0 Likes
GadgetRick
Explorer
Options

Yeah no. This is about all I see online where someone was able to solve this issue but this isn't the same problem many of us are having and Samsung continues to ignore this problem.

I'm done with Samsung phones at this point. I can't take this any longer. Would really be nice if they actually responded to problems like this with some kind of solution and not where they just point the finger elsewhere...

Lyle1978
Student
Options

Same problem with my S22+. Never had it with the previous Galaxy models. 

0 Likes
Lyle1978
Student
Options

I don't have either of those apps and am having the same issue with my phone. 

0 Likes
voyciu
First Poster
Options
Same issue with Galaxy S23 Ultra. I keep missing calls. Samsung please fix otherwise handset will have to go and I will not trust your brand again.
gs7121
First Poster
Options
Same here, searched to fix same fault and found this chat. So annoying on Samsung s22 ultra always missing important calls
0 Likes
CJM3
Apprentice
Options

I think I stumbled across a solution for the problem of Samsung Galaxy ringtone volume getting “randomly” reset to off (or any other undesired level). Go to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume, set the Ringtone volume to high or max, and enable (turn on) the option “Use Volume buttons for media”. For example:

CJM3_0-1704174106419.png

I think the option name and description are misleading. The name should be “Use Volume buttons for only Media”, and the description should be “Volume up/down buttons will control only Media, not Ringtone, Notifications, or System."