Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 15-07-2022 08:25 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
JohnPC
Explorer
Options

Device: Galaxy S22 Ultra 256GB Exynos (SM-908B/DS)
Purchased: February 2022 (Launch)
Software: S908BXXU2AVF5 / S908BXXU2AVF5 / S908BXXU2AVF9
Patch Level: 1 July 2022

Issues:
Calls dropping (random times)
Sim registration failed happens at random times
Connected to Car bluetooth, then when a call comes in the bluetooth disconnects and asks me what device I want to connect to
Loses 4G and connects to 3G/H+, have to switch to airplane mode and back to get back to 4G

Troubleshooting:
Reset phone to factory, no difference
Reset Call settings, no difference
Got new sim from carrier, no difference
Tried a sim from different carrier, no difference
Tried 2nd SIM tray, no difference

I have a Galaxy S10, I have tested this for a few days (with my SIM from S22 Ultra) on the same route and locations and have had 0 issues
Galaxy S10:
Bluetooth, no issues
Call Drops, 0
No SIM registration failed messages
Maintains 4G connection no issue

zarco1975
Helping Hand
Options

I picked up my S22 Ultra which was being repaired. But the mobile network loss problem is still there. So it goes back for repair. It's really unacceptable

terrynfs
Journeyman
Options

for me, the issue resolved after firmware AVF1 (currently i'm using AVF9)

S22 ultra, snapdragon, singapore singtel, bought on day 1

Flugzeug
Voyager
Options

Well, i need to say after last 2 updates AVF1 and AVF9, i have only one single issue which may be not an issue at all. i have no connection drops, no call fails, no data disconnections when i have enough strong signal.
unfortunately it seems that my EXYNOS S22Ultra is holding faster networks 5G, 4G until the signal drops to 0-1 bars for maintaining higher possible connection speed. But as soon as i get a call and the signal is too weak, phone switch to GSM connection (it is also hearable by lowering call audio quality), but no call dropping.
sure it means only that ma carrier has this setupp on network, it may be possible that in different network the situation is completely different.
In general the reception ability compared to other devices is much weaker. I travel in car a lot because of my work, and in areas where i was able to call with iphone and had 1-2 bars from 5, i get no signal at all.
but once i am in area with good coverage, a have no connection issue at all.

notice - i have performed a factory reset after AVF9 update without recovering data. only recovered messages and photos.

0 Likes
PickyBadger
Student
Options

Well, I sent mine under warranty 3 weeks ago, got the same one back today. It is stated the problem was not reproductible and that software/apps related issues are not covered by the warranty.

It is definetely not fixed, I could not even connect to my google account from the initial setup. It was repdroductible in less than 2min on my side. 

It is still on June patch so they did not even update it. I did apply July update and it is still the same.

I now have a pretty expensive paperweight. 

dubacz
Explorer
Options

This is unacceptable answer from service and they know that.

Mobile device is not computer on which you can decide what software you can use (if drivers are available).

It comes with pre-installed software developed by manufacturer on Android platform, and it's supposed to be tested to work as presented and mented.

You must be aware of your rights and go back and demand to repair your damaged device. 

All issues comes with Samsung software (or hardware) and none of the problems come from third party apps. Warranty covers hardware and main software and that's not and shouldn't be an issue. 

I wrote few times about my issues and none of them happened again (thanks God), but am I satisfied with that and all experience I had? No! I didn't thought that I'll gave so much money for device that might or might not have issues. I still can't confirm 100% that all issues gone, just because they didn't happened again.

And that's frustrating and disappointing. So, go there and demand to repair your device or take some legal action.

Good luck!

Rekma31
Journeyman
Options

Here In France with Orange, the two consecutive June updates seem to have fixed my trouble with no sound when taking/making calls just few days after the last reboot.
Hope you guys get lucky as well !

0 Likes
Member_Whatever
Apprentice
Options

Could this problem with no audio during calls be related to Carier Services from Play Store? What is the purpose of that app?

My case is that it seemed that my problems with audio were gone, for about a month, from end of May to the end of June, but they are back now. 

0 Likes
zemj
Explorer
Options

I must confirm your idea, because I think about that too.  Actually after last update the first call dropped and I was really mad. Next day came this update and from that time no drops.

Tr0llhunter
Journeyman
Options

UH HELLO SAMSUNG DO YOU PLAN ON FIXING THIS BS OR NOT BECAUSE IF NOT YALL OWE EVERYBODY ON HERE $800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN. ME. MY. STACKS!!!!!!!!