Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 12:56 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
CIAjake
Explorer
Options

In U.S. with S22 Ultra with Snapdragon.  Using the app "Network Cell Info & Wifi by M2 Catalyst LLC" and when clicking on the "Device & Sim" tab it then shows that my phone is NOT VoLTE capable.  Huh?  I have the "Samsung Band Selection" app installed also, and when I choose "More Network Settings" (won't show without app) and then my carrier and Active/SIM tab under "Mobile Settings" it shows that I do have VoLTE selected.  Interesting that the one app says my phone is not VoLTE capable, but I have it selected, all the same.

0 Likes
Bogo1
Navigator
Options

Uninstaled, same problem. So, this is not a sollution.

0 Likes
NitinR
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Tried everything with sim change, factory reset, reset mesh router and nothing worked. This phone is driving me up the wall! 

0 Likes
Mus11
Explorer
Options

Same problem here too, s22 ultra 512gb UK, had it preoredred, 2nd day in I started noticing Internet dropping out while browsing, getting the no signal symbol in status bar, then it would just come back, would happen 3 times in 10mins browsing. Sometimes when making calls everything was there to say I'm connected to the person, signal, timer etc but I couldn't hear a thing, after cutting it off the other party would call me back and I still couldn't hear a thing.

Called EE who were very helpful and were diagnosing my issue over a fee days, waiting for me uto move around areas to make sure it wasn't a mast problem, they asked me to try a new simcard. Nothing worked.

I decided to switch to 4g only mode, which improved it a lot, I could use the Internet and it would drop out 3-4 times a day.

The new update came and it just helped with the app crashes it didn't really fix all the app crashes i was still experiencing random reboots.

Contacted Samsung shop support and tried everything they asked me to, nothing worked.

Fast forward to today I returned it 6 days ago and still waiting for a replacement and any sort of acknowledgement that they have received it, the return is tracked so I know the received the parcel 5 days ago, I contacted them 4 days ago and they said it hasn't been processed yet and can take up to 5-10 working days. Two weeks for them to replace a phone that they released with issues is a joke.

If I still have issues with the replacement I'm switching to apple, may not be as innovative but atleast their stuff works.

Flávio Pinto
First Poster
Options

Same issues for me in Portugal. I've got the phone for 24 hour and it is a full mess for me with the sim card already changed, several restores and still bot working properly. For a high end spec phone like this it is unbelievable in 2022 things like this being happening and Samsung not doing anything at a global scale. It's unbelievable having one of the best phones out there that is not even able to make phone calls and cannot be able to use your mobile data...

0 Likes
tommaazz
Apprentice
Options

I have finally get a refund for the phone, so the saga for me is over. As much as i loved the compactness i am very glad i got rid of the phone. I now have a NORD 2 in gray color (very beautiful) and it is amazing for the price (half price of the S22 :smiling-face: ). Not a sight of lag which i have noticed on the S22 ocasionally. The quality of the calls is hands down not even compared to the S22 i had and nedless to say there is not a single droped call and everyone can hear me perfectly...finally happy again. It will be very hard for Samsung to get me to buy another future S series because of this debacle...so sad that they wont do or say anything about this issue. I hope everyone of you gets the problem sorted ASAP.

0 Likes
Members_QBw3DpJ
Student
Options

yes, for me the same - slovakia nitra telekom

0 Likes
JohnPC
Explorer
Options

I just had a call with Samsung Support Ireland and the representative advised this was the first time they had heard of this issue happening, also that they were not aware of any software updates coming down the line at present. Funnily the issue presented (call went "muted" my end and the agent could hear the "white noise") while I was on the call. Advised to bring it back to where I purchased for a replacement. I am not sure if this is a great idea as I'm sure the replacement will have the same issues. Might look at getting a refund at this point and maybe going for a different brand. I would have thought after paying €1,399 for a flagship phone I would have access to higher tier support but evidently not...... 

0 Likes
EddieMc
Explorer
Options

That is disheartening as I have been onto Samsung Ireland support twice about this issue. So it's pretty clear they are no going to do anything about it. I think I'll return mind and get a refund. Can't risk having it happen on the replacement.

0 Likes
Vasilis
Journeyman
Options

Here in Greece the authorized samsung service is informed about the problem and they say they are waiting for the samsung update I came back, 3g / 2g network operation and I have closed the voLTE closures has been paved for the time being