Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problem after official One UI 5.0 Update s22 ultra

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 12:51 PM)
Stoycho
Journeyman
Options
I'm UK O2 customer galaxy s22 ultra owner and last night I registered the new update, after which I have problem with internal storage, now I have no access to it and I see 0 B / 0 B internal storage.

After restart I see 150 GB / 250 GB internal storage and I can access it for several seconds and after that again my internal storage go to 0 B / 0 B and is not possible to access it.

Do someone have the same problem like me, or knows how should I fix this?
Go to solution
39 REPLIES 39
Ninem
First Poster
Options

Just fixed...I think, at least for now... this problem on a friend's phone. 

Problem: After a reboot the phone storage will show 0B and stuff like WhatsApp media and accessing anything relying on local storage is an issue.

The solution that appears to be working so far is to clear the cache partition (so far = as in not come back after a few hours, we live and hope).

Follow these steps if you wish to go ahead:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  (or anything USB-C with power such as another phone), Press and hold the Volume Up and the Power buttons at the same time.
  3. When the Android logo displays/flashes, release both buttons. (Appears after Powered by Samsung disappears).
  4. The Android system recovery menu options will appear.
  5. Press the Volume down (or up) buttons several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down button to highlight yes, them and press the Power button to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, select Reboot system now and press the Power button to reboot.
  9. You can now unplug the USB-C cable.

This doesn't harm your data or apps on the phone however do be careful as there are other options on the Android recovery menu that will, such as the Wipe data/factory reset option, so just be careful you select the correct options 'Wipe cache partition'.

Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
Mr Casanova
First Poster
Options

I was able to fix my S22 Ultra from restarting none stop, I Had to factory reset it, I know I had to save my info before doing that but I was so overwhelmed I decided to just let it be, but thank god is working flawlessly now.

0 Likes
Irfan Ahmad
First Poster
Options

Yah, I have been going through with the same problem. I am from India, UP. Yesterday night I got updated my S22 Ultra and the internal storage is showing 0B/0B. Great disappointment from such a flagship phone.

0 Likes
ripsy
Apprentice
Options

Do you guys have any F-Droid app installed ?

0 Likes
ripsy
Apprentice
Options

that worked for me! Very well done Samsung! RIDICOULUS QA TEAM

0 Likes
DavidB67
Student
Options

My phone is unusable after this update! Slow, hanging apps. How do I roll it back???

DavidB67
Student
Options

Seriously. How do I roll this back? Most apps are unusable for me.

0 Likes
Archerslioness
First Poster
Options

Absolute rot of an update from samsung!

0 Likes
cesarcg
Journeyman
Options

Had exactly the same issue with internal storage disappearing from the phone, but with a Note20, losing access to all gallery, whatsapp images and everything related to internal storage files. Only restarting the phone make them available again, but it last for a few hours and once again, the internal storage disappear.

Unfortunately in my case the Media Storage was active in Special Access, so the issue has nothing to do with that option. I have also  wiped out the cache and so far, it is working fine, but not sure what to do next if the issue appear again.

0 Likes
Dreamer_k
First Poster
Options

i have the same issue tell now and i did the same but no improvement

any solution for my note 20 ultra 5g PDA: N986BXXS5GVK9 ?

0 Likes