Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problem after official One UI 5.0 Update s22 ultra

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 12:51 PM)
Stoycho
Journeyman
Options
I'm UK O2 customer galaxy s22 ultra owner and last night I registered the new update, after which I have problem with internal storage, now I have no access to it and I see 0 B / 0 B internal storage.

After restart I see 150 GB / 250 GB internal storage and I can access it for several seconds and after that again my internal storage go to 0 B / 0 B and is not possible to access it.

Do someone have the same problem like me, or knows how should I fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Flip1900
Apprentice
Options

I just went to the apps on settings, clicked on the 3 dots, special acess, and acess to all files was deactivated to media storage. After activating it all works properly, dumb move Samsung dumb move.

Very nice to have a flagship phone break after a big os update, and the option indicated by your support team being to factory reset a phone with sensible data being unable to backup

View solution in context

39 REPLIES 39
AndrewL
Options

@Stoycho: Please can you try restarting your Galaxy S22 Ultra in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. 

With Safe Mode enabled, please swipe up from your Home Screen > Samsung (folder) > My files and check your internal storage from here. If you're able to access the files within as expected, then please restart your phone as you would normally and uninstall any recently added third party apps. Let me know how you get on. 

Topgun7405
Student
Options

I have exactly same issue here. I'm on Vodafone in the Netherlands

Shawsey49
Pathfinder
Options
I'm on O2 just downloaded the update everything working fine
0 Likes
Stoycho
Journeyman
Options
Problem solved: ( edit: the problem is back more info on next comment )

This was very helpful.

As soon as I entered safe mode I could see the internal storage, and after going back to normal mode, it doesn't disappear anymore, if it disappears again I will uninstall the last apps.

Thank you very much. 🤗
0 Likes
Shaik sameer
First Poster
Options

Hi.I  Am from India even I have the same problm camera is crashing and not able to download Whatspp images 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Stoycho
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately

"the problem is still here"

after it reappeared I uninstalled a dozen apps, all the apps left on my phone are from a long time ago.

The internal storage disappears even in safe mode after a while or right after I try to take a screenshot and it just says it can't be taken and the internal storage disappears instantly.

More advice, please?
IAmDev
First Poster
Options

I am on the official One UI 5 on S22 Ultra 512 GB in India and facing the exact same issue after the latest update. Tried safe mode, wiping cache partition etc as well, nothing worked. I am thinking to do a factory reset, but don't want to lose my camera gallery. Any suggestions where I could save my pictures?

0 Likes
Stoycho
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately, I don't know how you can save the photos in this situation, but if you do a factory reset anyway, please share here if it fixes it because it would be a complete nightmare for me, and I don't want to do it for anything.
Thank you.
0 Likes
Flip1900
Apprentice
Options

Hello, anyone have a fix yet? I cant even backup my data before the error shows up with smart switch on pc. I dont want to lose my data with a factory reset