Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible suggestion - Reset to factory default

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 12:15 PM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I bought the S23 Ultra and am selling my S22 Ultra to a friend. 

After I brought everything over from the old phone to the new, I performed a Reset. 

I can't remember everything I did, but I distinctly remember not seeing an Are you Sure? prompt. From what I remember, the process started without an additional prompt. 

I'm, of course, reluctant to try to start the process of Reset on my S23 Ultra, but would be curious if I remembered everything more or less correctly. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
Why would you want to do a reset on your phone, you only do one on a last resort 🤔 if your experiencing any problems with the device, another thing if your haven't backed up any data you've lost everything stored on the device.
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I preformed a Reset on my older S22 Ultra wiping the phone clean for my friend who is buying it from me.  I thought I made that clear.  

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

When you select Factory data reset, it asks you for your password. Thats the confirmation to proceed with the reset.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
If I'm passing a phone on I usually log out of and remove all my accounts before I do a reset as it helps reduce the risk of accounts being recovered from a wiped device. I think the risk is low but I like to be extra safe just a thought