Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone App crashing after One UI 6 update

(Topic created on: 21-11-2023 02:34 PM)
Max_5
Journeyman
Options

Subject says it all.

I can open the app. But the moment I try to make a call or receive a call, the apps goes on a crash loop. I cannot view the contact if who is calling me, i cannot hang up, and I cannot use the phone as the app keeps popping in front and crashing.

Resetting the phone is not an option as I have multiple MFAs configured and not easy to restore.

Anybody with the same problem or any solution for this issue?

I have already cleared the storage for the app, rebooted the phone multiple times and even tried on safe mode. 

102 REPLIES 102
K3llyB3lly
Apprentice
Options

I've been having the same exact issue. I have an s22 Ultra. As does my husband and daughter. All 3 finds had the same crashing issue upon receiving or making calls. "CALLBGPROVIDER keeps stopping". Both my husband's phone and daughters phone have corrected the issue without changing or trying anything. I've restarted my phone dozens of times and still nothing. 

0 Likes
Andy Brandy
Explorer
Options

Again, have you tried clearing the Phone App data and cache? If you have already tried that, I apologize for suggesting but if you have not tried that, please do. I do not know about others but clearing phone data and cache helped me.

0 Likes
K3llyB3lly
Apprentice
Options

I have cleared the cache. Are you suggesting i also clear data? Will that delete any important information?

1000009001.jpg

0 Likes
Andy Brandy
Explorer
Options

I have my regular phone and work phone through RingCentral which requires business authentication and stuff. All I had to do was setup RingCentral again. Did not lose any contacts or anything at all. Did not even lose call logs. I think that is the simplest of all other troubleshooting people have done so far. I even did One UI Home app, lost my icons and settings but even that took some odd 30 mins.

0 Likes
Artstar47
Journeyman
Options

I tried all of the fixes on this forum and the only thing that let's me use my phone to make and receive calls was to download and install the Google Phone app. The first time you open it, set it as the default phone app. Tap on the blue button near the bottom right of the app to see the phone keyboard. The interface is a bit clunky, but it works. 

abesau
Apprentice
Options

I wouldn't delete data unless you have a recent full back up and know how to restore it. But, again, by the size of the data on your screenshot 516kb that might not be the phone's data i.e. pics, contacts, etc.

JaeLynn
Apprentice
Options

I don't understand how or y they STILL haven't sent a patch to fix the bug that's causing this! I was told 3 days ago they were working on the problem and knew how to fix it so wth is going on Samsung?! I can't make a phone call on my 2000$ phone?! This is crazy!

0 Likes
Andy Brandy
Explorer
Options

Nobody has to wipe the complete phone data. What is being suggested is to goto Settings > Apps > Phone > Storage ... And that is for just the app that makes "calls". Deleting that data and clearing cache of the phone app has nothing to do with your pics, vids and stuff.

0 Likes
abesau
Apprentice
Options

After a long conversation with Samsung care yesterday, they tried to have my wife wipe the entire phone back to factory settings. However, after we told them that my wife's phone has a work/personal configuration they recommended not doing the factory reset because there was a risk of her loosing all her work data, then they recommended to wait on a patch that Samsung is actively working on.

Good luck

Crystal6
First Poster
Options

Same thing was happening to my phone. I called Samsung technical support and we did a factory reset. They uploaded all of my photos,contacts ex to the Google cloud. My phone works now and the update is pretty sweet! I also had downloaded the Google app before I   rest my phone and that did allow me to make calls and hangup. If you don't or can't factory reset your phone that can be a temporary solution, until they fix the problem. Good luck guys

0 Likes