Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password not recognised after update

(Topic created on: 23-02-2024 09:36 PM)
Members_baTHAf5
Apprentice
Options

Evening guys. 

So a couple days ago I updated my phone, unlocked my phone to do so, the update went ahead without issues, on restart it asked me to put my password in, told me it was wrong, time and time again, same password I've used for 2 years. 

I'm in a discussion (argument) with Samsung, incredibly I'm apparently the only person to have this problem according to them. A quick Google search disproves this but just out of curiosity has anyone else had this happen? 

6 REPLIES 6
Dovwilson
Explorer
Options
Have you tried going to root menu and clearing cache?
0 Likes
Members_baTHAf5
Apprentice
Options

Yup, also tried soft reset, safe mode, everything. Password worked fine 2 minutes before the update. 

0 Likes
Leanderps
Apprentice
Options

I also have this problem.

Ive entered what i know to be the correct password multiple times, and the phone says my password is wrong. All this started after i updated the phone a couple days ago. I've tried talking to Samsung customer-service about it. Theyre saying that its not possible and that i must have the wrong passoword, and that they cant do anything about it or help (even if I have all info like recoverycodes etc).

I personally suspect the problem has something to do with having multiple language-keyboards installed on the phone. When using the phone earlier I've sometimes experienced e.g. in apps or in the browser that passwords or searches won't work or show up, if I'm using the wrong language-keyboard to type it in with. This hasn't been a huge problem those times since I would've just change back to the correct language-keyboard, and that would usually solve the problem. I use 3 language-keyboards on my phone (im Norwegian and we have 2 written languages + i use a english one for english writing). I've never experienced this problem before with the android sofware tho (exept in the searchbar for emojis in the emoji-option of the keyboards).

My main language-keyboard is the main-norwegian-writing one, which always showed up by default on the lockscreen before the update. After the update it doesn't show up as an option or at all, and only the english and the secondary-Norwegian keyboard are available to use and show up. Furthermore, I dont use any special-characters in my passwords (e.g. æ/ø/å, since they usually aren't allowed in passwords anyways), so my password should work regardless of the language-keyboard -also according to Samsung customerservice, but it still doesn't. Since the phone is locked it also won't allow me to enter the root menu or any other "backdoors". 

Samsung plz fix

0 Likes
vidhiotic
First Poster
Options

Is your issue resolved.I am also facing the same issue.

0 Likes
Members_baTHAf5
Apprentice
Options

I had to completely reset my phone thinking that would solve the problem. It doesn't. It still asks you for the password after factory resetting your phone. It's called a FRP lock. After I reset it I took it to a phone shop in town, they can remove the FRP lock in 10 minutes, cost me about £15. Samsung still deny its their doing which is shocking considering the amount of people it's happened too. 

0 Likes
Members_baTHAf5
Apprentice
Options

It's absolutely scandalous. Completely put me off updating my phone too. I had numerous calls and emails to Samsung after I paid to remove the FRP lock who said I must of put the wrong password in, amazing to me how popular this issue is and they deny the problem is on their end. Very very poor customer service they offer. 

0 Likes