Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications and battery issues

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 10:49 AM)
CriCri60
Explorer
Options
Just got my new S22 and already regretting my choice. Notifications are a hit and miss. I get notifications only AFTER opening the mail icon to check for emails. I use the phone for work so how does this help? I cannot spend my day checking in case I missed a WhatsApp message or emails. I still have my very old A5 and get notifications in seconds while nothing appears on this brand new and very expensive device. Oh and don't get me started on the battery...draining at light speed even when not using the phone...Fuming. Am I the only one experiencing these problems? 
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options

@CriCri60: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your new Galaxy S22. For your notifications, please head to Settings > Notifications > Included Apps > All Apps, and toggle this on, or make sure that the Email app is toggled. Tap the Back button > Advanced Settings > Show Notification Icons > Select your preferred option > App Icon Badges > On. Now, head to Settings > Apps > Email > Notifications > Select a subcategory > Alert (On) > Show as pop-up (On). While you're here, choose your Sound and Vibrate preferences, then go back and apply the same settings to any other subcategories. Let me know if this helps.

If you have recently received your Galaxy S22, then please be aware that the device will still be in process of learning your usage patterns, and optimising the device accordingly. If you head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery, and check the bottom right of the usage graph, then you should see a message to inform you of this. It can take a few weeks for the phone to learn your usage patterns, after which you should begin to see an improvement in your overall battery life. 

CriCri60
Explorer
Options
Thank you, AndrewL - think I have all the above on but I will double check. Re battery...fingers crossed!
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My battery was a bit hit or miss for a short time.
But then suddenly its sorted itself out and I'm getting easily a full day and sometimes on lighter days I'm getting almost 2 days.
Notifications are generally not too bad but if I've not used the phone for a bit. Nothing pops up until I open the phone and they all come at once.
Will double check what @AndrewL has said on my phone
0 Likes
CriCri60
Explorer
Options
Thank you Glenntech - let's hope - notifications still appearing randomly. Email pings in my old phone within seconds from sending from laptop, 30 min later still not showing on my new one - Instagram notifications also appearing randomly - I tried everything, double checked everything...so frustrating!!
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I'm wondering if it's something to do with reducing background processing while the phone is not being used 🤔
Will see if I can find a setting to change and see if that helps
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Turn off adaptive battery under device care settings
0 Likes
CriCri60
Explorer
Options
Thank you! Again notification pings and shows only after I open my email icon...am baffled
0 Likes
CriCri60
Explorer
Options
Thank you adamlee - will try now
0 Likes
CriCri60
Explorer
Options
This function is supposed to extend battery life?!?
0 Likes