Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New device

(Topic created on: 19-06-2022 08:44 AM)
Johnbeelovesguitars
First Poster
Options
Good morning all!

I have just ordered a new S22 Ultra. Anyone else on here got one? Thoughts?

I've had my Note 8 for about 6 years and thought it was about time for an upgrade.

All the best!

J 🎸🤟
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Great phone and enjoying my experience.
Coming from a Note 8, this is a noticeable upgrade.

Personally I would not use Smartswitch to setup the new phone. The apps and software on your old phone maybe a bit out of date and you will have cookies etc that might cause issues with the new phone.

Just back up your data using your Samsung account and setup your new phone from the backed up data

Apps that you want you can download fresh from the Google Playstore and Samsung Store

What colour did you go for?
I got the red one
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've had my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black Exynos SoC since Launch and haven't had any issues with the phone @Johnbeelovesguitars 

Some have which the recent software updates have resolved.

I don't game on my phone.

Take into account when you first power it up it will go into it's learning phase for around 2 weeks in order to learn your usage habits.

The battery will take a few charge and recharge cycles to hit optimum output.

I prefer to use my Samsung Cloud Backup to set up my phone.

When you've set it all up and used it past the learning phase then consider > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Above all enjoy your journey 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "