Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture detected problems

(Topic created on: 14-04-2023 08:21 PM)
Scro23
First Poster
Options
My S22 ultra has recently started complaining that it has detected moisture in the USB port. It did get an accidental dunk in a pool which seems to have triggered the issue but the port has been fully dried and not been exposed to moisture in over 4 days. A software update and thorough clean of the USB port (it did have a lump of fluff in it) stopped the issue temporarily and allowed me to charge via cable without issue. Upon plugging in a USB peripheral (sd card reader - yes it was thoroughly dry!) the error has returned. I have tried all the techniques to get the error to go away (clear cache, reboot, disable fast charge, insert charge cable during reboot, etc...) but none of these seem to work. The only technique that works so far is to switch off the phone and remove the sim card tray, re-insert it, and the restart the phone. This allows me to charge via cable, but as soon as I plug in a USB device that uses data (several different sd card readers, data cable to PC) then this instantly and repeatably triggers the "moisture detected" error.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Scro23 ,

that is really unfortunate! As per the information provided it seems that some water has affected some parts of the phone, triggering this security message. Can you please follow the steps listed on this guide that we have created for this kind of issues and see if they help? You can access this guide from here: My device displays a water drop icon and will not charge | Samsung United Kingdom

0 Likes
Scro23
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the reply @TessM. The official guide you link to was the first thing I tried, but unfortunately this did not resolve the issue, even after multiple attempts at the various suggestions. The phone seems to detect a clean undamaged USB plug as "moisture" and then gets stuck in this state. The same USB plug works fine on other devices
0 Likes