Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra has no updates

(Topic created on: 14-04-2023 08:36 PM)
AniButt
Student
Options
Hi, 

I've had my S22 ultra for a few months, and the only way I can update android or UI is by connecting to my laptop and using Smart Switch. My phone will not find updates that are available.
Any ideas? 

Cheers

Ani
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @AniButt ,

that doesn't sound right to me! May I ask where did you get the phone from and where are you based? Keep in mind that some retailers sell devices from other regions, if this is the case, you may not get new updates but these can be installed by our engineers on one of our Support Centres: Book Your Repair with an Authorised Service Centre | Samsung UK

AniButt
Student
Options
Hi,

I got my phone from EE on a 2yr contract, based in UK.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Then your phone should recieve updates normally via the phone's software update section @AniButt 

As far as I'm aware ee do not have a firmware update statement as to where they hold Software updates back until they've tested it to ensure it does not clash with any of their network updates or apps.

Updates are sent out in waves in relation to region , phone model eligibility and it's model and serial number.

My Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra purchased direct from Samsung UK recently received the April update a couple of days ago directly through the phone's software update section.

As the phone updates via Samsung Smartswitch that shows updates are being sent out which is good as your getting the security updates too however I appreciate this way isn't as convenient as updating directly on the phone.

Can you go into Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Service Provider Software Information > What is the last 3 alphabetical letters?

i.e mine is EUX.

This will help to determine where the phone has come from.

Speak to ee also to ask why your phone isn't recieving updates directly on the phone although I do fear you may be faced with generic troubleshooting as keep periodically checking the software update section on the phone  !

I honestly don't think a software update would help as your getting updates but it's upto you if you wish to give this a go after backing up.

You could also try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

You can also send feedback via your Samsung Members app.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "