Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm sync between s22 ultra and tab s8 ultra

(Topic created on: 14-04-2023 07:42 AM)
Mandy1
Explorer
Options
Hi all, I'm hoping for some help. I have a galaxy s22 ultra and a tab s8 ultra. My problem is this - I take my phone to bed with me and when the alarm goes off to wake me I turn it off. However, it continues to ring on my tab s8 downstairs. My only solution so far is to keep my tablet switched off but it's not really convenient for me to do that. Is it possible for me to switch them both off from my s22 ultra? I'm surprised this isn't automatic. Would be grateful for any help. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
MasterMindS901
First Poster
Options

This is a easy and simple answer, yes and no but mainly stupid no with an yes.

The Samsung ecosystem is kinda broken stupid when it comes to the alarms clock syncing in the clouds when it's also being backed up in the cloud. Here is what I mean by that. When it comes to the Samsung newer phones. When you setup a new device like the Samsung watch. Your alarm clock will be automatically turned on and synced based on your current phone alarm clock preference. Which means you will have to go into your watch alarm clock and turn them off if you only wants your phone alarm clock to do the work. Same goes for the Samsung tablets, if you don't want it to goes off, open the alarm clock app and switch them off. It's using your phone alarm clock settings and preferences that is being backed up in the cloud  to set up your new device and automatically sync all the app from your phone to the new tablet as well. So it really base on how you initially setup the device and based on what was all already backed up and synced on to the new one.

The Samsung ecosystem system isn't setup where if you turn the alarm off on one device and if one alarm is going off on another devices. You can remotely turn off the alarm using your Samsung account which could be cross sync better. But unfortunately I believe apple may have that part down pack while Samsung is still slacking. The only way to turn off alarm is through your watch but I hope Samsung find a way to cross sync alarm on all Samsung devices and to have it where if one device is going off they all goes off and can be turned off on any de

0 Likes
Mandy1
Explorer
Options
Cheers for the reply! I've had the alarm turned off on the tablet since I posted this but I've changed my phone twice! Now got the s24 ultra and also have a watch 6, so may turn the alarm back on on the tablet and see if anythings changed!
0 Likes