Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing apps most used

(Topic created on: 16-06-2022 06:38 PM)
rach73chick
Student
Options
All my most used app have gone, no short cuts, nothing listed in apps. My hide apps also gone.
When I go to Google play to download it says they are installed. 
Whsts the over night update done!! 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@rach73chick hello, try a forced reboot: press and hold Power button and Volume button(-) at the same time until the device reboots.Please check.Hello

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Doug_WA
Student
Options

Same issue. S22 Ultra - after installing Update 5 this morning. Very few apps on the home screens and in the app drawer. All apps are still on the device (Settings > Apps) and can be launched, but no shortcut/icon on the home screen or app drawer. Very unacceptable. I've found several references to this happening; but, I've not seen anyone fix it yet. I'm hoping this is a little bug that can be fixed without too much trouble.

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Doug_WA @rach73chick Hello, if the forced restart does not solve the problem, I would try to clear the cache and data of the ONE UI HOME app. We access Settings / Applications, look for the app in question and in Storage-delete cache and data. Then we have to reconfigure the screen start. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@rach73chick @Doug_WA: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. If you swipe up from your Home Screen to access the Apps Drawer, and use the search function at the top of the screen to search for one of the missing apps, does it produce any results? If not, please try restarting the phone in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. With Safe Mode enabled, are the app icons visible on the Home Screen and in the Apps Drawer? If so then please restart your phone as you would normally, and delete any recently installed 3rd party apps. 

0 Likes
Doug_WA
Student
Options

It seems the problem may be related to another launcher I use. When switching to the One Home UI, all apps do show up in the app drawer and are available on the home screens. When switching back to the other launcher, apps are missing again. I'll follow up with the developers of the launcher.