Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Is there a way to go 5g only on S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 02-10-2022 09:23 PM)
Ryanstandring
First Poster
Options

Hi I'm looking for a way to manually lock 5g on because I'm getting tired of it switching to 4G+ when I purchase a 5G sim plan and I can't use it to its full capability the fact it just automatically switches to 4G+ I was wondering if there might be someone who know how to lock it to 5G because there 2G only 3G only 4G/3G only but no 5G only and that's what i want if anybody know how to do it or have a way to work around it please let me know I'm sick of it😂😭

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can't lock it to 5G only
5G is patchy, and when the signal is poor or non existent. It automatically switches to 4G/4G+ so you can still get a signal to use your phone.
Otherwise you'd not be able to use your phone most of the time.
Until the 5G network improves enough to be reliable. 4G/4G+ will be with us for some time yet

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Assuming you managed to lock to 5g what will happen when the signal is weak or non existent? 

It is not switching to 4g to spite you 

Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can't lock it to 5G only
5G is patchy, and when the signal is poor or non existent. It automatically switches to 4G/4G+ so you can still get a signal to use your phone.
Otherwise you'd not be able to use your phone most of the time.
Until the 5G network improves enough to be reliable. 4G/4G+ will be with us for some time yet
Qdabeat
Student
Options
Absolutely. Well explained. So so many ( that's too many squared 😊) people get really hung up on 5G, believing that it's actually the ' holy grail' of reception connection. Sure it exists but very sparingly. 4G still rules, 5G is at the moment intermittently unattainable totally.
0 Likes