Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi repeatedly switching off and trying to reconnect.

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Hris7_0
Journeyman
Options
Have tried ALL the recommended troubleshooting suggestions (except factory reset) and it's still happening. WIFI switches off then tries to reconnect every 2 seconds.

Does anyone have a good solution?

Have:

• reset phone
  • reset router
  • gone through the wifi/advanced and switch everything off
  • uninstalled the last app that did an update (only 2 apps updated in the last day)
  • checked wifi control history - only two apps have access to switch wifi on/off 
  • reset network settings
Is there a bug or recent update which has caused this?

16 REPLIES 16
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does this issue happen no matter which Wi-Fi connection you make, i.e., not just home Wi-Fi @Hris7_0  ?

Please do run the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App to see if this highlights anything. 

When you say " reset phone " does this include clearing the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section 🤔 

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too { Possibly excluding the s²⁴ Series of phone's } 

If all else fails send feedback via the Samsung Members App and a Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Hris7_0
Journeyman
Options
Well no matter what wifi it will still happen!
I have done everything like everything i did factory reset for 4 times i think, cleared all the System Partition Cache Files.
But its still happening
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
I don't have ANY apps in my wi-fi control history. Those two apps you refer to...can you stop them from controlling your wifi and see if that helps.
0 Likes
Hris7_0
Journeyman
Options
I don't have any apps in my wifi control history but you cant really do much to stop this happening though.🫠
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
From your post

checked wifi control history - only two apps have access to switch wifi on/off

Which apps are they?
0 Likes
Hris7_0
Journeyman
Options
Yeah but they didn't had the access to switch wifi on/off
They were normal and unused apps they were two last apps that had an update now IDK even their names
0 Likes
Straight6Petrol
Journeyman
Options
This isn't an issue with your WiFi or any setting on your phone. It's a major bug in the firmware and my bets are on the radio firmware. Samsung needs to address this as its spread far and wide with many people seeing the same issue. WiFi and/or Bluetooth flicking off and on then random reboots which turn into boot loops
Hris7_0
Journeyman
Options
Yes thus what i try to address but you done it better jeeez thanks to you I can relax and say it may get fixed with an software update or by installing the software again from odin
0 Likes
Straight6Petrol
Journeyman
Options
My device was bootlooping. Nothing would turn it on until I left it on charge, restarting away for hours. Once on, it wouldn't connect to WiFi or Bluetooth or mobile network and I just about managed to get some important contacts off then factory reset. They didn't improve anything much and it would stay on for a whole then restart again. I replaced the battery thinking that was the issue but nope, same issue. I flashed the firmware in odin and its better but I don't trust it. Even opening the camera up gives you maybe 2 photos before it restarts. I'm very confident it's a software issue, the fact this is so widespread is alarming and Samsungs only solution is a motherboard replacement, but that replaces all the software too! I do hope for everyone's sake that one ui6.1 solves this issue but with Samsung track record lately of terrible software I'm not holding my breath! I'm starting to wish LineageOS was on the S22...
0 Likes