Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was trying to reply to a comment about a fingerprint issue involving the Samsung S22 Galaxy Ultra 5G

(Topic created on: 28-10-2022 06:42 AM)
Smudgefactor
First Poster
Options

I was trying to reply to a issue involving fingerprint access to the Samsung S22 Galaxy Ultra 5G phone. Before I could respond,  I was re-routed to the community.  Like the inital comment, my Samsung also fails to retain my fingerprints.  Once I enter them, they work fine for about a day, then the phone stops recognizing them. To have fingerprint access, I  then have to delete them and set them up again. It's a continuous cycle, with them disappesring again and again after roughly 24 hours. I wish Samsung would let me know how to fix this. The same thing happened with my Galaxy S21 phone. Is anyone else having the same problem? Has anyone found a fix? Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
keith30
Maestro
Options
One of the reasons why I don't use the fingerprint settings cos it never seems to work properly.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Do you use some kind of screen protector? 

0 Likes
snsksosos
Student
Options
Tel
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Smudgefactor: Please try heading to Settings > Biometrics and security > More biometrics settings > Biometrics security patch, and check for any updates that might address the issue. If this isn't applicable, please can you clarify when you encounter the issue e.g. when unlocking the device?

0 Likes
KathyPH
First Poster
Options
Thank you for replying but im afraid it dosent address my issue.when i open my phone in the morning it seems i am on the wrong phone.weird.it seemsi cant cont continue with my call without forwarding thejytt number to my email list
Anyone else encountered this
0 Likes
KathyPH
First Poster
Options
Bye Bye Samsung.I am not an *****
Admit to not knowing a lot about technology but I have an Hons degree in Psyschology and another in literature and a post grad. In library and information science.Not exactly stupid but Sansung makes me feel so
0 Likes