Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting new bug - accidental touch protection

(Topic created on: 28-10-2022 07:34 AM)
scotjock81
Explorer
Options
If my alarm on my phone is going off - its pretty obvious that I might want to touch the screen to turn it off, maybe take a cheeky snooze? Is it just me? Want the value of accidental touch protection but now wide awake after having to fight with the accidental touch, not a great way to start the day- I am on the plus side now wide awake - accidental feature - solve a puzzle to switch off an alarm....
7 REPLIES 7
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

The accidental touch protection can be quite tricky. It can be a pain even when answering a call. The call is answered but accidental touch comes on anyway.

cwmparc
Explorer
Options
@scotjock81 Switch it off, it's under settings - display - sroll down towards the bottom
0 Likes
Mezzz
Pathfinder
Options
I took part in the beta programme and I reported this a few times. It's frustrating
scotjock81
Explorer
Options
It's definitely new behaviour, hopefully they get round to it. I hate butt dialing etc so the feature is important but it's become a bit too fiddly when half asleep
cotemj
Student
Options
Yes after recent software update the accidental touch protection is not working properly. As much as you swipe up it doesn't stop protecting the screen input. It's become useless. Does Samsung ever reads these issues and provides solutions?
Members_FwwiwHY
First Poster
Options

Same problem that accidental touch protection is not working. Not sure which update broke it, but I now make phone calls from my pocket without even knowing it.  Once it called emergency services and I had to assure them I was not in danger!  Samsung A52s 5G on Android 13, One UI 5.0

saffronsue
First Poster
Options
I thought it was just me! It used to work and now it doesn't. I've done several unwanted calls. Embarrassing. If anyone finds a fix I'd love to hear it.
0 Likes