Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop double voicemail notifications

(Topic created on: 22-12-2022 03:49 PM)
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
As the title says EVERY TIME I get a voicemail I get duplicate icons stuck in my notifications.

One seems to be from using dual messenger as it has the circles I get on my second WhatsApp account (for work etc)

How do i stop this coming up twice? I sent screenshots... But I can't turn off notifications for the duplicated icon and its extremely annoying with two any time someone leaves me a voicemail. Which isn't often anyway but still...

6 REPLIES 6
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
Any fix on this? It's still happening and I've been googling for answers for months!
0 Likes
Options
This is happening to me. I had no answer phone messages and it came up with the notification that wouldn't go away. I called my provider and they did something now I have two just like this! I don't seem to have a fix and don't have a dual messengers on my phone. Have you been able to solve this? Many thanks
0 Likes
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
No. Not got a single helpful answer off Samsung themselves. Apparently it doesn't exist and nobody reports this issue and says I should factory reset my phone
(which does not work at all) its highly annoying but Samsung support still wont listen despite my screenshots.

Interesting to know the bug is occurring even without dual messenger as well
0 Likes
Options
From what I've gathered it's something to do with your mobile network because they edited something their end and made it worse for me. The also turned it off which turned everything off but I was unable to use my answer phone then it came back!
0 Likes
Gritch64
Student
Options
Also have this problem. It started on my note 10+ after the android 12 update. After upgrading to an s22 ultra I though Tue issue would be gone but still exactly Tue same issue on this phone too.
0 Likes
taile77
First Poster
Options

Link to the originating solution:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/double-voicemail-notifications/td-p/18950645/page/2

Apparently, to receive only one notification voicemail icon, you have clear data in the dual messenger settings as mentioned in the above link. However, when you do this, you are turning off dual messenger. I had Whatsapp as a dual messenger and when I did clear the data in the dual messenger settings, it deleted my secondary Whatsapp.

I guess Samsung doesn't want to provide a solution to this, so it is either use dual messenger and have the annoyance of the second notification icon, or not use dual messenger and be in peace.

T

0 Likes