Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications of voicemail

(Topic created on: 05-03-2024 09:13 PM)
deepspace8
Journeyman
Options

It's a pretty simple idea.  I would like to receive notifications to my email when I have voicemail.  How can I do that?

10 REPLIES 10
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
you only get voice mail notifications on you text messeges, and that from your phone mobile network. I'm not sure if they notifications you on your email for your voice mail, you could try ask your mobile network.
deepspace8
Journeyman
Options

So this is a network thing?  The device can be programmed to do it as well, but I don't know if Samsung did so.  I am not seeing an option and so I assume not.  Google Voice does this. 

0 Likes
deepspace8
Journeyman
Options
You mentioned I can be notified via text that I have voicemail. That would also work for me. Any idea how I can set that up? I'm tired of having voicemail and not knowing about it for months. I need a notification sent to either my email or a text message.
0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
I think the device don't that , you need to contact your mobile carrier, I'm with O2 it alway text me when I have a voice mail or a miss call. I been set this up many year ago.
give your mobile network provider a call and set it up,
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
with O2 its free of charge,but I don't know if other providers will charge you. best to ask them

or you can try third party apps that does it
deepspace8
Journeyman
Options

My mobile carrier, Straight Talk, says they can't do that.  Oh, they most certainly can.  They just don't want to.  Good for everyone to know.

Rarely do I get voicemail.  When I do, I might swipe the notification away and forget about it, then remember weeks or months later that I have it.  If I got a notification via text, this would never happen.  But Straight Talk *can't* do that (lie).

0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
yea I always swipe away my notifications too, good thing that I had the text message there to remind me that I have voice mail.
deepspace8
Journeyman
Options

I'm actually very glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is this way.  Sometimes I simply "clear all notifications" because I have too many.  There is no reason whatsoever why any carrier wouldn't have this.  It would take a programmer on their end probably less than an hour to implement.  They're just lazy.  I'll keep this in mind when I switch carriers in the future.

I appreciate you for the conversation here.

0 Likes
JerryS
Voyager
Options
This sounds really useful. I'm always clearing my notifications so could miss a v/m too. As someone else said it is easy to get text alerts of v/ms on O2, just go through 5 on the main menu. But I think it will depend on your carrier. I wondered about Modes and Routines. Its possible to create a routine to trigger on a notification with a given keyword but can't see a way to email the notification as an action
0 Likes