Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to disable constant "Copied to Clipboard" Toast Notifications on Android 13 / One UI 5.0

(Topic created on: 26-02-2023 03:55 AM)
Members_tlDKNDi
Apprentice
Options

I am getting constant grayed out toast notifications when using Calcy IV scrolling through a list of pokemon in Pokemon Go. I encountered this issue when Android 12 / One UI 4 was first out and managed to resolve this issue using an ADB command "adb shell appops set com.samsung.android.honeyboard TOAST_WINDOW deny"

See this thread from before:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/quot-already-copied-to-clipboard-quot-notifica...

However, after updating I found the super annoying toast messages are back. I checked which operations are allowed using this command "adb shell appops get com.samsung.android.honeyboard" and it clearly shows that TOAST_WINDOW is denied however the toasts keep coming. 
Any ideas of how to resolve this? The package name for the Samsung keyboard is still com.samsung.android.honeyboard. I am not even using the Samsung keyboard, but Swift key but trying that one doesn't resolve it either. 

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Members_tlDKNDi
Apprentice
Options

Ok so I managed to figure this out by myself. Here is the solution if anyone else is affected by this:

On Android 12 and before the toasts were being generated from the Samsung Keyboard. I was getting no where so completely uninstalled Samsung Keyboard using ADB but they kept coming. I found a nifty little app called Toast Source which showed me the toasts were coming from System UI 13. The package name is com.android.systemui. The full command to disable is adb shell appops set com.android.systemui TOAST_WINDOW deny

It works for me

cavellix
Pathfinder
Options
What app do I need to input that cmd please? the poke genie app also has the toast every one you scan 🙄
EdwardJD3
First Poster
Options

How do I do this? I have gotten as far as the toast source app, but I have no idea how to access the package name thing or how/where to put the command to disable line.