Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Service Update stuck on 1 February 2023 after a factory reset

(Topic created on: 23-07-2023 01:36 PM)
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
Will this eventually Update itself or is there a fix? Is there any need to panic getting this update?

Update: this eventually updated itself after a couple of days

UPDATE: 10th January 2024. I received the updates to November 2023. Finally.!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
keith30
Maestro
Options
If you have the S22 then you should now be on the June version of the Google play services, I got mine last week for my S22ultra. Maybe you should contact Google if you appear to be struck on Feb update.
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks for your reply. I did contact google and they told me to contact my phone manufacturer. I just hope I get the update eventually.

I did have the June update before the factory reset. Funny really, I did the reset to improve my phone. Maybe I'm just not patient enough.
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
hey, try contacting samsung directly and asking them about your issue, although I hope your problem gets solved soon, take care.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I also think it resolve itself and you'll end up back on June update. Periodically check for updates 

smg1
Helping Hand
Options
I have spoken to Samsung and they told me its google who update this and not to bother too much. I will get updated eventually. I'm not going to ruin a good factory reset to try and get an update. Patience is the answer i think.
0 Likes
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks and I will.
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

I recently reset my phone and the Google Play Services update reverted to 1st May. I did get a couple of 11MB updates, but the month has stayed on May.

How long did you have to wait before you received all the updates?

smg1
Helping Hand
Options
A couple of days...I forgot about this and went back to it and it updated. Once it started, it didn't stop...lol...3 or 4 restarts..
Neo001
Legend
Options

Good to know, thanks @smg1 . Hopefully, it goes to the latest update soon.