Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 gyroscope/accelerometer issue

(Topic created on: 23-11-2022 10:06 PM)
krris9
Navigator
Options

Hello,
On 10/24 I upgraded my S22 to A13 and since then I have had some annoying problem with it.
Every few hours there is a problem with the gyroscope/accelerometer on my phone. When I hold the phone vertically, the screen rotates horizontally (and vice versa) - the easiest way to see it in the camera app when the icons are in the wrong orientation. When I restart the phone, the problem goes away for a few hours.
I did a hard reset twice. Today I have flashed the phone after odin and nothing helped - the problem keeps coming back.
I didn't drop my phone or hit with it, so it's more likely a software problem (especially since the problem disappears after a reboot).

I have no more ideas what I can do to fix this. ☹️ I suspect that sending the phone to the service will end up the same - the service will upload the software again and say that the problem is solved, and it will not be true...

Have any of you encountered this problem and managed to solve it?

17 REPLIES 17
AndrewL
Options

@krris9: Are you encountering the screen rotation issue in any particular apps, or is it persistent across all apps? To troubleshoot the situation, please place your phone on a flat surface and head to the Phone app > Dial *#0*# into the keypad > Sensor > Gyroscope > Gyro Selftest. After around 10 seconds the results of the test will be displayed - does it say 'Pass' or 'Fail'. 

0 Likes
krris9
Navigator
Options

@AndrewL   The problem is in all over the phone, but the easiest way for me to detect it is by turning on the camera.
At the moment the phone is working fine and the test results show "PASS". If I remember correctly, the message is the same when the gyroscope working incorrectly - however, I will be able to confirm it when the problem reappears. I also checked the diagnostic options available from the phone menu and there is always information that the sensors are working properly, even when is not a true.

Edit. I checked it. Even it gyroscope working incorrectly, the test results show "PASS".

flee01054
First Poster
Options
This is also happening to me since the update. I've tried a number of fixes but nothing is working.
krris9
Navigator
Options

@flee01054  Sorry, but it's good to know that I'm not alone with this error and it may actually be software bug, not a phone defect.

I reported my bug through the Samsung Members app. Maybe when Samsung finds out that there are more of us, it will release the patches that will fix the bug. I hope so...

0 Likes
Wil1968
Explorer
Options

I have got the same problem after updating to A13 on my S22. I have also reported it in the Samsung Menbers app. 

krris9
Navigator
Options

@Wil1968  @flee01054 

Did you try to fix it yes? Any results?

I have not succeeded so far. Also the November update did not bring any improvement. Bug report as well.

I guess it's time to return the phone to service... Maybe they have their own - different - methods of uploading the software that can solve the problem.

0 Likes
DaveC82
First Poster
Options
Yep, I have the same issue ever since the A13 update. Hope it gets fixed!!!
0 Likes
Lussimio
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Gyroscope test shows pass, but my phone is 90° wrong with auto rotate. It is fixed when restart, but comes back pretty soon

0 Likes
Giorgio910
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue and it's really annoying!

0 Likes