Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone turns off on own

(Topic created on: 13-11-2022 01:53 PM)
ian47john
Apprentice
Options
Everytime I press for camera icon my phone immediately turns itself off an then restarts,any help is most appreciated, thanks, its a s22+ model 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@ian47john: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with the Camera app on your Galaxy S22+. Please can you try restarting your phone in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

With Safe Mode enabled, please tap on the Camera app icon, and check to see if the issue persists. If not, then please restart the phone as you would normally and uninstall any apps you have introduced to the phone since you first encountered the issue. Let me know how you get on. 

ian47john
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew, I have done wha you said about the safe mode problem still there,but the apps I have, I had on my old phone so I don't understand why it is still not working correctly, many thanks if you have any further ways to sort this out
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ian47john: Thank you for trying that for me. Can you also head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Camera, and follow the on screen prompts. Does this return any errors, or an 'Action required' summary? 

As the issue has persisted in Safe Mode, I recommend heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reaching out to our help desk via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further, and arrange an engineers inspection. In the meantime you may wish to backup your device and perform a factory data reset to see if this resolves the issue. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

ian47john
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew, after doing what you said my camera is working fine for now, many thanks for your help
0 Likes