Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s22 boot loop

(Topic created on: 29-12-2022 04:42 PM)
austinrichard
Student
Options
Hi, got my phone in October.
I had the issue of the phone being in a "boot loop". Used online chat to fix. Sadly had to do a complete factory reset.
It then had the same issue 3 more times. I sent phone off to be repaired.it came back with a clean bill of health and no issues were detected.
I have had it back for 3 days and it has done the same again. Samsung say they can only repair it. 
Has anyone else had any similar problems?

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've not experienced a bootloop @austinrichard 

Personally if I had then before a Factory reset I'd try >

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If no joy then I'd Factory reset but then set the phone back up as a new phone instead of using my back up just incase the back up is corrupt.

If that didn't work then I think Samsung are going to need to have hands on again.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
austinrichard
Student
Options
I tried everything you have suggested in case my back up was corrupted. It still resulted in having to data reset. When I sent it to samsung it was when it was faulty and they said it was OK. The problem is that once you factory reset the phone is technically good. When I got it back on Christmas eve I never installed any apps etc. I left it as the basic phone. 3 days later it started looping again. Samsung want to repair it again but they told me there isn't a fault.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Did Samsung supply the phone directly  ? @austinrichard 

So when you factory reset and used none of your previous back ups and none of the apps you had with your Playstore and Galaxy Store were not used and it still had this issue would leave me to a software glitch.

Unfortunately there isn't anything you can go into deeper than a Factory Reset so Samsung are going to need to go again with the phone.

Give as much information as you can.

After a cooling off period Samsung would offer a Repair option.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Could the fault be with the firmware installed on the phone.

So to eliminate that could you download another copy of the firmware and install that using Odin.
After that surely it would be a hardware issue.... No!

P. S. Just curious.... Snapdragon or Exynos version?
0 Likes